Can the Stache do 95% of what the Farley can do (around CNJ)?

Can the Stache do 95% of what the Farley can do (around CNJ)?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Keep those old FSR 26ers running forever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
29+ usually doesn't work well for folks of our stature. Do a 27.5+ and you'll have more fun.

Reactions: w_b

goldsbar

Counterpoint: The 29+ Stache is one of the most nimble bikes I've ever ridden and I've been doing this for over 20 years (granted, not a ton of MTBs in that time frame). I occasionally felt the "wagon wheels" sensation on my standard 29" SIR 9. I never feel it on the larger Stache. All of the benefits of rollover, incredible cornering with none of the detriments except weight. They nailed the geometry.

Reactions: w_b

ReverendNewman

Counterpoint: The 29+ Stache is one of the most nimble bikes I've ever ridden and I've been doing this for over 20 years (granted, not a ton of MTBs in that time frame). I occasionally felt the "wagon wheels" sensation on my standard 29" SIR 9. I never feel it on the larger Stache. All of the benefits of rollover, incredible cornering with none of the detriments except weight. They nailed the geometry.
What's the Wagon Wheel sensation?

goldsbar

What's the Wagon Wheel sensation?
The feeling that the wheels are really big. Mostly in tricky slow technical or slow cornering situations.

The benefit of the Stache is that it doesn't have a long wheelbase, so you get the stability of the big wheels along with the desire to carve tight turns. Seems counter-intuitive, but that's been my experience. Key with the Stache is moving the wheel to at least the middle of the sliding dropouts. They come from the factory set at the end (i.e. longest wheelbase).

Top Bottom