Camping?

Mumonkan

Has anyone camped here before? im thinking of camping here then riding to Marty's Fat 50 the next morning

Website says reservations arent required for camping, and there shouldnt be any hunting going on that day

whats the bear situation? ive had some people never heard of bears here then others say theyve seen them pretty recently

jackx

Don't have any details on camping there, but I would assume that if the weather gets colder this winter before the Fat 50, that the bears should finally be hibernating.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there camping at LM?
Who knew.
This is simple hang your food on a branch that is not able to support a bear and high enough. Don't keep food in tent of any kind period. The bear can give 2 shits about you it just wants your food. Quite frankly the are scared of you. Don't underestimate a bears nose it can smell your peanut butter and jelly from a mile away.

For gods sake don't go peeping in any caves o_O

Mumonkan

yeah i mean either way, ive never been so im just going by what their site & map say

generally speaking im always bear conscious with everything when im anywhere thats even heard of bears in the area, so ill definitely be hanging the goods and keeping it clean

i guess i shouldve just phrased it; if anyones heard of "crazed" bears like the ones that were up near ringwood earlier in the year that caused all the hubub.

i generally stay out of caves, unlike that genius my scoutmaster taught me not to be an idiot

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is a site you can drive into from Tempe Wick Rd entrance. I think they gate that entrance at night though. There are some wood platforms for your tent that are fun to huck off with your bike.

There have been bears at LewMo, but I don't think that common.

ktmrider

I didn't think you can just go camp at a park like that , news to me . If you decide to go into a cave can you have someone film the encounter ?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
You can. I camped there in the Fall. There's 2 group spots but they're 60 muthafuckin' dollars a pop so get mad friends together.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions