Budget flat pedal shoes

Ejd85

It definitely sounds like FiveTens is the way to go for flat pedal. Right now i was my new balance running shoes which work but I don't want to use my shoes I wear everday. Can anyone recommend an alternative, max budget 70.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
once you go fiveten you'll never go back , just searched on amazon and if your not picky on color or most recent model year you can get fiveten for around your price . Bmx or skate style shoes work best with flat bottoms but seriously just get fivetens now so you don't spend 50$ on shit shoes only to get fivetens latter on

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
5/10 done
What size you need?
I or someone may have a pair they may get you in.

Ian F

Another vote for 5-10. Shouldn't be too hard to find them on sale within your budget.

Ejd85

i bought a set of these when i decided i wanted to try switching from clipless to flats. theyve been fantastic on flat pedals and I only paid $35. Yea, technically you're supposed to cut out the sole part, but i just left them in. the spikes on my pedals have no issues biting into that area of the stealth sole.

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Ten-Mal...=1-5&nodeID=679255011&psd=1&keywords=five+ten
Wtf how did find them!?! I checked Amazon thinking I would them cheaper but couldn't find anything and those are the exact ones I want

Ejd85

i bought a set of these when i decided i wanted to try switching from clipless to flats. theyve been fantastic on flat pedals and I only paid $35. Yea, technically you're supposed to cut out the sole part, but i just left them in. the spikes on my pedals have no issues biting into that area of the stealth sole.

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Ten-Mal...=1-5&nodeID=679255011&psd=1&keywords=five+ten
Do the Falcons grip like the freeride? I forgot that the falcons can also be changed out with clipless

Supermoto

Adidas bought five ten. So you can get some of their approach shoes with the same 510 stealth soles. Plus you don't look you're wearing skater shoes

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will check i either have a 9.5 or 10 5/10 you can have for free. Boy wonder has clown feet like his dad

Gnick

Do the Falcons grip like the freeride? I forgot that the falcons can also be changed out with clipless
they grip fine, although i cant comment how they compare to the freeride. they do have the same "stealth" sole. its a super soft grippy rubber. They're 1000 times better than running shoes though. i bought mine in a 9.5 and they've been great. sometimes i forget i'm not clipped in. the only time i ride clipless now is if i know im going to be spinning really hard or climbing a ton of techy stuff. if i'm descending a lot or doing any kind of skills practice i am always in flats.

02camaro

i wouldn't cheap out on shoes. proper shoes can make a HUGE difference in your riding and ultimately confidence. ~$30-40 bucks between meh shoes and badass 5.10s or similar (i love my giro jackets)is cheap to me. but more power to ya if you can find cheap GOOD shoes.

Top Bottom