Bucket list....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Down, started at the observatory...really fun. Of course if you are in Maui....there wasnt much I could think of that wasnt a fun time. Amazing place. If I had time I might have done the road bike ride too. 0-10,000 back to 0 would be a pretty neat ride profile.

i'm thinking hang gliding off there is the way to go... The views are magnificent!

Kaleidopete

My bucket list is riding the ever increasing local parks and trails that you MTBNJ people keep coming up with.
I like reading your stories and adventures. Very inspiring, there is so much to be seen around here.
I'd to like keep on exploring New Jersey and New York by viewing your Strava rides.
Especially the great explorers like @huffster and @jimf and @JimN and so many others.

Last edited:

merritt

I guess starter questions. Is reg a flat $350 or do u need to fundraise as well? If I understand correctly they charge you $350 and anything you raise up to $350 they reimburse after the event and anything over $350/reg cost is donated?
What gearing, did altitufe affect you, what did you where and do you ride back down?
Being a rookie I would think this ride would take around 2 1/2 hours on a mediocre day. I would probably where my typical summer kit but pack gloves and a light riding jacket for the summit. I'd think a 2 liter camelbak, one bar, a couple gus and a couple salt tabs should be about it?
This is just a guess @merritt and I have only driven up there 2 times. I'd like to use this as a pre ride for Mt Evans down the road.
And I don't think the rock pile is a good pre ride for Evans at all. Completely different climbs and altitude will definitely effect you on Evans.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
And I don't think the rock pile is a good pre ride for Evans at all. Completely different climbs and altitude will definitely effect you on Evans.
Right, I meant more of the long and sustained climb. I think Eevans is 15 miles and ends at 14,600' or something?

merritt

Mt. Wash is more than 2x as steep.
Gains around 4700' in 7.6 miles so I would train very different for each of those 2 climbs.

Top Bottom