Bucket list of great places to ride:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I am beginning to feel like racing has not allowed me to ride as many destinations as I would have liked. I plan to get to more places now that Art is retired. Over the past year I rode MacKenzie River Trail and Black Canyon Trail, which were amazing. I am updating my bucket list of places I would like to ride.

I would like to hear about your favorite places to ride. Not necessarily favorite home trails, but destinations worth the travel.

gtluke

The Moped
Dr park trail in crested butte. It's like a smqller sthe whole enchilada trail in moab but you can ride to the top.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Whole enchilada from burro pass was probably the most memorable ride I have done....From snowing and 30deg at 11,200 to boiling in the hot sun back in moab....though so many different type of terrain and views...amazing. As is most of the stuff around moab.

The trail version of riding down the Haleakala volcano in Maui was also amazing. Being at 10,000 was nothing new...but being at 10,000 surrounded by nothing but the ocean was a pretty unique view. The local guys built some cool trails, it was pretty fun. I wouldnt fly to hawaii just to ride bikes, but it was a pretty cool bonus to the many other cool things in Hawaii

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
VT is worth the drive. Millstone has some fun trails that take advantage of the abundance of granite found there. Cool rock bridges and spines to ride. Then there is Kingdom trails which doesn't have much rock but really awesome flow. KT are some well designed trails.

Johnny Utah

Whistler - Went there this winter to ski... next time it's to hike and ride .

Second this, I would also like to hit Kamloops, Fromme, and Semor in British Columbia. Fromme and Semor are close, and can be ridden in a single trip. Kamloops is out on its own, but can be done in combo with Whistler, as it is a two or three hour drive away.

ADoug

Noble Canyon Trail an hour outside of San Diego.

Buffalo Creek Trails, Colorado

Loved Buffalo Creek when I lived out there. Centennial Cone, Lair O' the Bear, and Golden Canyon all had some really awesome trails.

greeek32

I mean... what kinda budget are we talking?

Iceland, Romania, Scotland, actually most of Europe. Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, South East Asia would be cool too. If you're willing to drop some serious cash on this bucket list then you could make each one into a dream vacation.

RobW

I've ridden the Betasso Preserve in Boulder Colorado, great place to ride, great trails and plenty of fun/flow/acsent/descent to keep you busy for a few hours. All trails are directional out there. I would love to get out there and ride more of Boulder county.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thos weekend I was out at raystown.. These trails were very similar to the betasso preserve.
My next trip other than Colorado will be to the kingdom trails. I've heard great things about them.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Noble Canyon and Buffalo creek are some that I never heard of. Will check out.

Some great ones that I have already done:
Tahoe Rim, Flume and Mt rose.
Spaulding Lake Donner Pass
MacKenzie River Or
Crested Butte 401
Black Canyon Az
Red Canyon Ut

and good ones:
Kingdom Trails Vt
Pisgah and Dupont NC
Forrest City Ca

Still on my list:
RothRock Pa
Rattling Creek Pa
Allegrips
The Womble AR
Sedona
Moab

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was just going to say Fruita too. 18 Road, Kokopelli area as well as Grand Junction area. Amazing. Better than Moab.
Nelson, BC. Big mountains on big bikes.

I think you got a chance to ride some of the Stanley ID/Sawtooth area trails when you were out in Sun Valley for Nationals but there are some classics up there too and the scenery is incredible.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pixy I loved riding in SW Utah a few years ago...Gooseberry Mesa was phenomenal, GEM trail was a blast, as was all of the riding in that area(St George, Virgin areas).

Lat year I hit up Sun Valley in Idaho which was great as well...lot of good long tech climbs with magnificent vistas and exposed trails.

Also really loved the trails around Harrisonburg, VA.

Brian

icolquhoun

Best area I've ridden: Moab.....From the whole enchilada, which is a life-changer like Utah said, anything in the Las Sal's is bona fide awesome, as well as anything off cane creek (amasa back, capt ahab, rockstacker, etc), dead horse, brands, white rim even the trails outa town, slickrock, you could spend a month there and not get tired one the trail network one bit.

Close second is VT for me, there is just too much good stuff, although a LOT, (maybe most) of the good stuff is hush hush, which just makes it more fun to find. KT and millstone are not even close to the goodness thats up there. Everything from rocky nasty steeps to hour-long swoopy flowy bermy fast fun dh and absolutely everything in between.

Pisgah, dupont, bent creek are third...didn't get to explore that much, but there is a lifetime down there, but expect a ton of hike-a-bike

places to hit on my bucket list:
park city and surrounding areas
CB, Durango, Telluride, GJ/Fruita, Gunnison, steamboat, pretty much every CO mtn town has serious serious riding CO trail is on bucketlist, as is CDT and GDMBT, although CDT is pretty much impossible
Tucson, prescott, sedona, flagstaff all look pretty damn amazing AZT if they can get the grand canyon hike-a-bike thing sorted is bucket list
Bend, sun valley, the cascades in and around seattle
whistler, nelson, squamish, revelstoke, etc etc

I have to be honest though, bang-for the buck, proximity to good, if not great riding we have it pretty damn good here in NJ...all of the areas mentioned above with the exception of maybe park city and moab are predominantly one type/style of riding on one large trail system. Its HOURS to drive someplace else. We have loads of great riding within 1.5 hrs. Think about it! Everything from 6mi to wayway to stewart to mooch is all an easy drive to great trails that are well maintained and easy to navigate.

Top Bottom