BubbleCX Related: USAC Cyclocross Beginner Race Program, Sat Sep 9, 2017

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thinking about racing Cross this year? Do this:

https://www.bikereg.com/cyclocross-beginner-race-program

What is it?

It's instruction and practice races that will help you learn everything you'll need to for your first race. Targeted towards beginners (Cat 5 Women and Men) but is open to ANY CATEGORY. Instruction will be top notch. I may be instructing too but probably not. I'm more of a mid-pack notch instructor. They are much notch. It's at the raddest CX venue in NJ. You get upgrade points. It's being put on be good people. What more could you want? Sign up today.

Event Notes (From the organizers):

This is a USACycling Beginner racer program designed for cat 5 racers. (but everyone is welcome)

There is a minimum of 15 riders needed to qualify, and there is a 15 rider minimum for the program so tell your friends. If we don't get at least 15 per session we will have to cancel that session.

The Beginner race program is designed to help beginner racers learn the basic details of racing cyclocross in a safe and controlled atmosphere.

Cat 5 racers need a total of 10 points to upgrade to cat 4 and this program will help accelerate your upgrade (you get two cat 5 upgrade points per session) and make you a better racer overall.

All aspects of cross racing will be covered from basic bike maintenance and race day prep, right up to and through a race. The course is mentored by local masters and elite level racers. Bubbling Springs is the location of the infamous BubbleCross cyclocross race and features everything you will ever experience in a cross race anywhere in of the world. From open fields and sand, wooded switchbacks and steep drops we will teach you how to safely navigate all of these challenges.

Cat 5 racers that complete a session will be awarded 2 upgrade points. Complete 1 session you get 2 points, complete both and go home with 4 points for your upgrade.

Finally, anyone who completes a session will receive a 10% discount code to BubbleCross.

Small print:

This is open to female and male racers of any category and from any state.

You must have an annual USAC license, no one-day licenses will be accepted or available. Please go to the USAC website for further details.

If we do not get our minimum number of entrants we will be forced to cancel the program and give out the dreaded refund.

We are not responsible for giving you your upgrade points. YOU must contact your upgrade coordinator. We will have that information for you.

All results will be submitted to USAC the first business day after the event, please don't expect the upgrade points to reflect on your USAC account for Sunday's race.

hotsauce

If I'm interpreting the USAC rulebook correctly, you can do these two sessions plus one race then request a voluntary upgrade with 5 total points.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I'm interpreting the USAC rulebook correctly, you can do these two sessions plus one race then request a voluntary upgrade with 5 total points.

There is a 9AM session and a 1PM session but I'm not sure if it would count as two sessions. I can ask. Whether the local USAC coordinators would accept that upgrade request is another question.

hotsauce

See USAC rulebook below:
blackbox.gif

Top Bottom