Bubblecross 2018

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It didn't look like much mud running, how was it?
What happened to the cx scene? Where the groupies at.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It didn't look like much mud running, how was it?
What happened to the cx scene? Where the groupies at.
There was only one really messy spot by the lake before climbing the singletrack switchbacks, otherwise the course was surprisingly awesome despite the amount of rain. Good day on the bicycle.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Couple of shots from the first lap of the 1-2-3's.

I raced the 3’s. I was in 3rd or 4th on the last lap and after the last run up I remounted and my Fucking chain dropped. It took me forever to get it back on because #mud. I ended up with a disappointing 7th. I didn’t feel great warming up so to be where I was , was kind of a surprise. I’ll do a real recap in the freaking race report thread. I was just killing time while these pics uploaded.

4EB48C73-71B0-4468-B382-450551DDE632.jpeg
736F164D-8322-4537-ABBD-E4E9AEC65BCE.jpeg

1EB2E951-5D90-407B-AFC3-08F9939EECBE.jpeg

DownhillR3

Someone needs to let me borrow a bike so I can try. I'll pay. After seeing my buddy Mauricio on social media do this event and slaughter the mud uphill section in the woods, looks so fun!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I gotta say, I love the bubble course.

This year there was plenty of suck, but it was awesome suck. The grass hill was filled with tons of "get the better line for free watts" to pass people. The single track Up/Down/Up/Down near the scoring was way different this year with the mud/wetness. The grass leading up to the boring barriers had some good amount of skill required on the small ups and downs. Even the garbage mud bog section all the way in the back wasn't too bad. Yes it was a challenge to go over up it and then the subsequent mud run but it wasn't too long. Sand being so firm made it "easier" in a sense but instead of trying to just stay upright like prior years it became more of an exercise of going as fast and straight as possible through it.

My shoes should dry out in a week or so.

Top Bottom