Bridgewater Township Installs First Bike Repair Station at Washington Valley Park

A lot depends on the clientele using the park too. Wawayanda

View attachment 73719
State parks are usually carry in carry out when it comes to trash. I'm not a fan of this policy. Are there any garbage cans at the lake area? Are there enough garbage cans strategically placed?
Looking at that photo I see no trash cans in the immediate area.

Just looked at Wawayanda website, they are carry in carry out but they supply those plastic yellow bags.
So, you charge Park users $10 to enter and provide no garbage service?? Gfy
The govenor needs to wake up and budget labor to maintain a garbage service in state parks and provide sanitary bathrooms that are serviced regularly.

I can't dl the pics from the email, screen shots it is

Screenshot_20180726-200138.png
Screenshot_20180726-200143.png

State parks are usually carry in carry out when it comes to trash. I'm not a fan of this policy. Are there any garbage cans at the lake area? Are there enough garbage cans strategically placed?
Looking at that photo I see no trash cans in the immediate area.
You're right it's all carry in carry out, no garbage cans.

Just looked at Wawayanda website, they are carry in carry out but they supply those plastic yellow bags.
So, you charge Park users $10 to enter and provide no garbage service?? Gfy
The govenor needs to wake up and budget labor to maintain a garbage service in state parks and provide sanitary bathrooms that are serviced regularly.
I personally don't see the problem with carry in carry out, like camping or hiking.
If these people bring in their coolers and supplies, is it really that hard to pick up after yourself when you leave?
Use the same now empty cooler to carry out. I don't see how the $10 fee gives you permission to trash the place.
Have some self respect and respect for others.

No....this is what it looks like after either a bike event or Xterra
View attachment 73734

The organizer of the xterra (Dave) is on here - they made a pass on the night after the bike/run and then went back the next day and did another.
Nothing is ever perfect - but they made their best attempt. Hoping to participate next year.

these people bring in their coolers and supplies, is it really that hard to pick up after yourself when you leave?
Yes. When we host races we clean up what is left behind from racers. It's the nature of the beast. The host of the Xterra cleans up after event, people leave stuff.
I don't want to derail this thread, I'm just gonna say the State is burying their head in the sand by not providing garbage cans at parks, the bottom line is they really don't place that much value in parks, if they did they would put more money into it.

@Kirt , were you involved in this project at all? I'm thinking one of these would be nice at Sourlands too...

Nope, this was done thru a grant from RWJ to the township who set it up with the County Park Commission.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions