Brendan Byrne missing?

Blair

Is it just me or is the trail directory missing? Also nothing in the south jersey trail link for this park.

gtluke

The Moped
Is it just me or is the trail directory missing? Also nothing in the south jersey trail link for this park.
Never heard of it.
Do you have info? If you want to type out everything you know we can promote it to a wiki page and add it to the trail directory.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Never heard of it.
Do you have info? If you want to type out everything you know we can promote it to a wiki page and add it to the trail directory.

It was formerly called Lebanon State Forest I think. The RV super came from there.

I am not sure how much trail is down there to ride. Maybe @KenS or @slingblade_uhhuh can answer that question.

Blair

I was looking at Wharton vs BB to ride so I guess it'll be Wharton as a closest to LBI mtb ride.

back when the devils used to be good, they changed the name and they tanked, Nets left and now Continental is gone. I can safely short Izod.

qclabrat

I have great memories of the BB arena,
The skylights, under the sign, are interesting to look down at during concerts

brendan-byrne-arenapng-1e5a8675e924048c.png

ktmrider

I ride BBSF a lot , not to mtb friendly , it's moto friendly & this time of year it's not a great place to be .

moray42

Merman
I was looking at Wharton vs BB to ride so I guess it'll be Wharton as a closest to LBI mtb ride.

back when the devils used to be good, they changed the name and they tanked, Nets left and now Continental is gone. I can safely short Izod.
Wells Mills is a smaller park, but is closer to LBI. There's a dedicated group that rides BB, but not sure how much is actually marked trail.

Blair

Wells Mills is a smaller park, but is closer to LBI. There's a dedicated group that rides BB, but not sure how much is actually marked trail.
I found the trail map for wells mills, do you ride the white and yellow? At least the white is an 8.4 mile loop and yellow marked for "all terrain bicycles".

moray42

Merman
I found the trail map for wells mills, do you ride the white and yellow? At least the white is an 8.4 mile loop and yellow marked for "all terrain bicycles".
I don't go there often, but generally will ride yellow, white, and I think the other is pink. Yellow is mostly just doubletrack. White is better, but is more popular for hiking so you have to keep an eye out. I've only ever seen a handful of other mtb's out there.

Only ever ridden part of either trail, so you may find spots on white in particular that aren't rideable. Can think of at least one spot that you'd have to hike over/past. There is also a part of the green trail that is a mess to ride because of the way it is built on the slope.

EJphotos

I've ridden BBSF a couple times. It's fun for a quick ride, one small/short trail that's pretty fun for biking. Make sure to remove all ticks after riding there.

sandman

The pink is hiking only, except the part that connects the white, and red. The red is a flat dbl. track. The white is multi use. Park at Pakim Pond, mile marker 3 on Rt. 72. Batsto is a better place for MTB riding. Although its all pinelands, and all can be connected,(and we have done it). Its best to stay on the marked trails in all the parks mentioned above. --- Didn't someone mark trails in Stafford woods?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
And like @ktmrider said, it's pretty much a winter spot unless you find yourself local and it's convenient. Wharton would be a better overall mtb choice of the two.

giff06

the white trail traverses about 8 miles of the park. If you park at the Park Office and ride the Cranberry trail you will come upon the white trail on the left.Or as someone else stated park at Pakim Pond and the trail is basically right there. Be sure to spray yourself for ticks this time of year. White is the closest thing to single track in the park , the pink is the Batona Trail(foot traffic only) and there are a lot of unpaved park roads.
Ed and Pat
the Snot Rocket tandem.

Blair

thanks for all the info, looks like Wharton is only 10 minute drive further than wells so I'll probably try them both.

moray42

Merman
thanks for all the info, looks like Wharton is only 10 minute drive further than wells so I'll probably try them both.
Realistically the Wharton trailhead at Batsto is 30-40 minutes from the LBI bridge. Wells is about 15.

Might be a hike to try both, but if you have the time I'd say go for it.

Blair

Realistically the Wharton trailhead at Batsto is 30-40 minutes from the LBI bridge. Wells is about 15.

Might be a hike to try both, but if you have the time I'd say go for it.
I'll be down there for 4th of July week so I got some time between those and the road bike.

Top Bottom