Break-ins at Newmans Lane

rlb

Saw on the local FB group that 2 cars were broken into on Wed. morning, and the burglaries were reported to the police. I doubt someone would be dumb enough to strike there again, but keep your eyes open regardless.

mpope68

Saw on the local FB group that 2 cars were broken into on Wed. morning, and the burglaries were reported to the police. I doubt someone would be dumb enough to strike there again, but keep your eyes open regardless.

Do they know what time? I rode there early and was leaving around 8.

terrabike01

I usually park at the ball fields and ride to everywhere from there. It's in the middle of everything and you can loop back for more water etc. There's some traffic in and out on weekdays and the hot dog lady is there at lunchtime.

rlb

Do they know what time? I rode there early and was leaving around 8.

She said 8 am
Screenshot_20180809-132027.png

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not saying this is the case here...BUT...90% of the car burglaries we get are unlocked cars. I'm sure many people leave their cars open so they don't have to carry their keys on them when hiking or biking.

Lock em up!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there last night and locked my wallet/work phone in my glove box. This is probably a good habit to get into wherever I ride.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was there last night and locked my wallet/work phone in my glove box. This is probably a good habit to get into wherever I ride.

Good info.
Can skip looking in the door pockets and under the seat. ;)

rick81721

Lothar
I usually park at the ball fields and ride to everywhere from there. It's in the middle of everything and you can loop back for more water etc. There's some traffic in and out on weekdays and the hot dog lady is there at lunchtime.

This is what I do. Never worried about break-ins but this lot is more open and there's usually always people around.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions