Brake noise???

GregE21

I have avid juicy 3 hydraulic brakes and the rear squeals and vibrates quite intensely. The rotor seems to be completely true, and I constantly re-adjust by loosening the mounting screws, then holding in the brake while tightening. This has been an issue since I got the bike and Marty's has replaced the pads for me shortly after it was purchased.

Any suggestions? I'm the noisiest bike in the trails.

This seems to pop up a lot about juicy brakes.

Galfer pads solved the problem with my noisy juicy 7's.

Ive had the same experience with avids. Juicy 3s were so bad the vibration would cause the brakes to almost not work. My elixers make noise to but no where near as bad. It seems to be common with avids. Always the rear too.

Ive heard good things about swiss stop pads but havent used them.

I still have Juicy 3 on my SS but have no such issues...make sure your pistons are moving in and out.

Ive had the same experience with avids. Juicy 3s were so bad the vibration would cause the brakes to almost not work. My elixers make noise to but no where near as bad. It seems to be common with avids. Always the rear too.

Ive heard good things about swiss stop pads but havent used them.

Avids are not bad at all. I replace O rings on Elixir R once a year and they work flawlessly.

I wasnt saying avids are bad. Just my experiences with using them. My juicy 3s were bad. Nothing i tried would make a difference. I think some of it is caused by the way the vibrations resonate through certain frames. My elixers work good. Only a little noise once and a while.

They do have a reputation of being noisy though.

I'll give the Swiss stops a try before I do anything drastic. Any LBS carry them locally? I live in Morristown.

Try Marty's , I'm sure they could order them for you . I'm partial to the boys at High Gear in Sterling .

make sure u have the right mount for the right rotor as in 160 rear mount for a rear 160 rotor. ive see that mistake done before

Back
Top Bottom