Boston---->>>NJ Corridor MTB

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey there, Have to go to Baahstan in a few weeks for work, and looks like my portion will be done around noonish on a weekday, with the rest of the day to drive home. So looking for any recommendations between Boston and Jersey, not too far off of the driving route, maybe 15-20 min off of interstates. Typically I do I84-->I90 into Boston...and reverse coming home, duh. What say you? Anyone ride anything cool in MA or Connecticut that fits requirements? I see some things on NEMBA, but would like to here first hand from anyone on the board...

TIA

Brian

I like Sutton state forest down 146 from the pike. There's a trail called par 5 that's really cool. If you like free ride there's Vietnam in Milford.

@rottin' - I feel like Vietnam is something you do with a local/friend. Far too many places to break yourself IMO so you shouldn't go solo.

@woody may be able to point something out. He lived there for a few days or years once. But he may not respond in any sort of time. So you can try...

Middlesex Fells:
https://www.trailforks.com/region/middlesex-fells/

This is not too hard, probably easy to do after part of a day in the office.

Or Trumbull, CT:
https://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/trumbull.html

I have not ridden here but it is well-rated.

Lynn Woods, MA - probably not in your critical path enough.

Graham hills park right off the tappanzee bridge fits the not too far off the route part. I have 2 buddies who tell me it's great for a solo ride. Buff, flowy single track. I trust their opinion. Not very technical.

I haven't ridden Vietnam in like a decade, but last I rode there it was recently purchased by NEMBA and being tamed down.
That said, I crashed that day and got a gaping hole in my leg. I searched for a stick that might have impaled me, but no luck. Finally picked up my bike and noticed the blood on my brake lever, registering like oil on a dipstick that it had fully embedded it's entire length into my leg.

Leominster is another option.

Back
Top Bottom