Boost conversion w/Centerlock

mfennell

I really want to buy Taylor's fork but I've hit a snag. I have Valors with a centerlock disk and the fork is Boost so I need to move my disc out 5mm. I can convert to 6 bolt easily enough but the disc spacer won't fit over the lockring.

Has anyone done this conversion? Googling is inconclusive.

I've only ever seen 6-bolt conversion kits. I'd imagine you'd need some super deep lockring made especially for centerlock boost conversion. What kit did you buy? If you're all in with boost, it may be time to re-lace the wheel to a proper hub without the use of spacers.

Ya but Dave's fork is already on my bike. :). I threw it on w/o a front brake to see if the offset change from my current fork would feel much different.

I've only ever seen 6-bolt conversion kits. I'd imagine you'd need some super deep lockring made especially for centerlock boost conversion. What kit did you buy? If you're all in with boost, it may be time to re-lace the wheel to a proper hub without the use of spacers.
Dave gave me the kit. I didn't notice who makes it.

Another option is to run 10mm of spacer on the non-brake side and re-dish 5mm.

I have a strong preference for not messing with the wheel itself though and I'd like the option to run it on my old Asylum OCD.

Dave gave me the kit. I didn't notice who makes it.

Another option is to run 10mm of spacer on the non-brake side and re-dish 5mm.

I have a strong preference for not messing with the wheel itself though and I'd like the option to run it on my old Asylum OCD.
He probably gave you a 6-bolt boost adapter as they are fairly common. Sounds like you'll need a centerlock to 6-bolt adapter, then mount the boost rotor spacer to the 6-bolt adapter.

Maybe just do a 10mm end cap on the NDS and re-dish the wheel? Wouldn't require any hokey adapters or spacers.

Back
Top Bottom