Booby traps in South Mountain

Tarroneus

please be careful walking or running in South Mountain. Someone has been stringing wire across the trails in the MayApple section.

There is also this guy putting up signs pretending to be Law enforcement and patrolling with his off-leash Rottweiler.

Attachments

• IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0986.PNG
    IMG_0986.PNG
    434.1 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
anger-inside-out.jpg

Probably the same person who has been putting up signs pretending to be Law enforcement and patrolling with his off-leash Rottweiler.

If it's the same guy, then he should be pretty easy to catch seeing as how he posted on social media about it. The booby traps at High Mountain were taken VERY seriously by the police. If you can hand them some low hanging fruit, they would probably go for it. Even if they don't catch him, it'll likely make the news and scare him into stopping putting people in danger.

If it's the same guy, then he should be pretty easy to catch seeing as how he posted on social media about it. The booby traps at High Mountain were taken VERY seriously by the police. If you can hand them some low hanging fruit, they would probably go for it. Even if they don't catch him, it'll likely make the news and scare him into stopping putting people in danger.
Did they catch the guy at HM?

No, but he presumably saw his handiwork all over the news and realized he better stop.
Its a good thing he had a half a brain to realize and stop... only if he had the other half and he wouldn't have started in the first place.

This type of jacka$$sery should land someone in jail. period. Sabotage is not a prank.

Considering this type of thing could seriously injure or kill someone you have to wonder who on earth aside from mike vanderman or the unibomber would do it.

Hope the cops bust his arse before someone gets hurt.

Lonerider

"Moses on guard?" Wtf does this guy think he's like the park vigilante?

I love dogs but if he sics that on someone i hope the cops shoot it -- or him. WTF?

I mean, if the sabotage doesn't hurt someone (if its the same guy) this out of control thug's unleashed monster dog could maul some kid walking in the woods with her mom.

Oh and how do you go from, you think people shouldn't be biking, to, i think i;ll attack someone with random violence?

Did anyone call the PO PO ? Seriously... Someone could get hurt badly. No one wants to see that.

The Essex County Sheriff has been engaged by several SoMo "regulars" and they've been pretty hot to catch him in the act. They've been patrolling Mayapple pretty regularly for the last couple of days. Never thought I'd be happy to see the sheriff a'comin' ...! :)

Some of the guys have been hiking thru that section; today at least 2 (possibly 3) more wire traps were cleared. One of the guys actually ran into one of them but fortunately was not hurt. He is pretty pissed though, and rightfully so... now it's personal.

There are several threads on Strava that have a lot more info, so, yeah... good peeps are on it.

This will likely come to a head very soon, hopefully before someone gets seriously hurt, or worse.

Just be careful if you ride SoMo. I ride there all the time and almost exclusively. AFAIK, these traps have only been set in Mayapple, but you never know if/when he decides to branch out into the rest of the park.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom