booby traps found

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Kirt just posted this in the High Mountain conditions thread. I think most people that ride there have known about this for a while thanks to Strava. Good to see that they got the police involved, although this made me lol, "a park trail popular with hikers and bicyclists."

slushdog

The wet rocks were sketchy on the day that I rode (9/10), so I got off and walked the rough spots. I noticed a piece of glass so I picked it up. Then I see more and more and jagged metal strewn on the Red Trail. I picked up as much as I could but didn't have a bag to put all the broken glass and metal shards. Wish I could post a picture of all the glass and metal. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't gotten off and walked the trail. Who ever is doing this is an inconsiderate person. Hikers walk their dogs on this trail all the time. I see families with small children enjoying this park and they definitely walk the Red Trail.

Attachments

• 20160910_090910.jpg
    20160910_090910.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 20160910_094437.jpg
    20160910_094437.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 20160910_094443.jpg
    20160910_094443.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 355

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
The wet rocks were sketchy on the day that I rode (9/10), so I got off and walked the rough spots. I noticed a piece of glass so I picked it up. Then I see more and more and jagged metal strewn on the Red Trail. I picked up as much as I could but didn't have a bag to put all the broken glass and metal shards. Wish I could post a picture of all the glass and metal. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't gotten off and walked the trail. Who ever is doing this is an inconsiderate person. Hikers walk their dogs on this trail all the time. I see families with small children enjoying this park and they definitely walk the Red Trail.
That is just the normal trash on the trails up there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions