Bones Brigade Documentary

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
http://bonesbrigade.com/preorder/

Watched this around Christmas on Netflix and it did not disappoint. I grew up watching these guys and watching this is a trip down memory lane. Rodney Mullen will blow your mind when he talks, dude is a genius aside from that he made technical street skating what it is today. I remember seeing him sometime in the 80's, damn I wish i still had the hat he signed. This video has appeal to non-skaters too as it explains the marketing that made skating explode to another level. My wife even enjoyed some of it.

I don't think people realize how much skating is an outlet for so many things, personal, artistic and musical.

PatrickBrown

http://bonesbrigade.com/preorder/

Watched this around Christmas on Netflix and it did not disappoint. I grew up watching these guys and watching this is a trip down memory lane. Rodney Mullen will blow your mind when he talks, dude is a genius aside from that he made technical street skating what it is today. I remember seeing him sometime in the 80's, damn I wish i still had the hat he signed. This video has appeal to non-skaters too as it explains the marketing that made skating explode to another level. My wife even enjoyed some of it.

I don't think people realize how much skating is an outlet for so many things, personal, artistic and musical.

I have been following this a bit on facebook, I'm going to order

Dr Superb

I am gonna have to check this out. Mullen is my favorite skater of all time.

I see its from the same crew who did Dogtown and Z Boys. i'm sure this one will be good too!

Last edited:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Mrs. G and I watched this over the holidays as well, and I would strongly second Kevin's comments. If you are of a certain age and had anything to do with skating in the 80's, this is just super enjoyable.

I don't think it works as well, film-wise, as Dogtown and Z Boys or Riding Giants, but it's still fantastic.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm totally watching this. i still have my now vintage mike mcgill AND i just picked up a new school version. that, of course, looks almost identical in shape to the board that per wilender and mullen rode.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Mullen has an inspiring/entertaining TED talk.

soulchild

Are they still searching?

SearchForAnimalChin1.jpg

don

Ride channel on youtube is Tony Hawk's channel and it has a ton of good content. One series they do is can free lunch and is basically a best story interview over lunch. They have a ton of people including the original powell guys....

There are a ton other too...

Wow! Each video was so good.

Cab is modern day renaissance man - he just turned 50 and still skates, rides Moto, great artist, car geek, and can play bass with a lot of good bands. His kids skate and race BMX too.

And Vallelly - only in Jersey would that happen.

I wasn't a hardcore skater but very glad I got to experience it during the mid to late 80's. Lots of characters (aka kooks) and good times back then.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Glad you enjoyed them, Don. The vallely stories were great because he turned into a badass and obviously did not start that way

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
AWESOME, 30 years, damn. I was my son's age when that came out and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Top Bottom