Bonefrog Setup in Stephens

jdgang

I have heard but not seen that the bonefrog nj that is happening this weekend June 16th has set up obstacles on the trails. These have been setup on the Kinney Lake trail and Lil Maze. As per one of my running friends they have setup these obstacles with wires and one of the riders in his group ride got clothes lines. Be aware that these have been setup

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the heads up-
Can these things be marked with flags so no one hurts themselves?

jdgang

The person who brought it to my attention went the the Rangers today. Dont know what became of it.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Thanks for the heads up-
Can these things be marked with flags so no one hurts themselves?

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were set up with some sort of flags/banners/warning and some “Watchung Res. type” removed them.

rick81721

Lothar
Wouldn’t surprise me if they were set up with some sort of flags/banners/warning and some “Watchung Res. type” removed them.

Yeah this sounds fishy - took a look at their typical obstacles via youtube - don't see where there would be unmarked "wires". And it would be a bad idea to ride directly around constructed obstacles in a trail in the first palce

jackx

It doesn't make sense that BoneFrog would set up unmarked wires on public trails. And if they did, maybe 1 day before, probably not a week before their event.

Are the wires unmarked to simulate unmarked tripwires that Navy Seals have to be aware of? Are they doing this race in the dark with night vision?

blast_off

Can confirm... rode here last night. They closed trails all around Kinney Rd, including a small section east of the train tracks. The trails around the lake, including Waterloo Rd, and the short connector trail that leads to the Pink trails are closed, and full of hazardous obstacles. Might want to avoid this place until late next week when cleanup is done.

I spoke with the guys doing the install, who mentioned someone hit the trip wires. They cautioned me pretty heavily and I rode past everything. Everything was marked out well enough with pink "survey" tape, as well as yellow "CAUTION" tape. Official looking NJ State Park "Trail Closed" signs are at the trail heads, except for the iron gate. So if you park on Kinney and head in to the lake trails, you may run up on to an obstacle unexpectedly.

The Kalmyk

They paid to play. It's a brief moment in time. I hope they all suffer (in the way we like to suffer on the bike) and have a great time.

jackx

Can confirm... rode here last night. They closed trails all around Kinney Rd, including a small section east of the train tracks. The trails around the lake, including Waterloo Rd, and the short connector trail that leads to the Pink trails are closed, and full of hazardous obstacles. Might want to avoid this place until late next week when cleanup is done.

I spoke with the guys doing the install, who mentioned someone hit the trip wires. They cautioned me pretty heavily and I rode past everything. Everything was marked out well enough with pink "survey" tape, as well as yellow "CAUTION" tape. Official looking NJ State Park "Trail Closed" signs are at the trail heads, except for the iron gate. So if you park on Kinney and head in to the lake trails, you may run up on to an obstacle unexpectedly.
Thanks for the intel. Soundz like they got the proper permits, so the NJ State Park "Trail Closed" signs sound legit.

Top Bottom