BMX Discussion

walter

Fourth Party
Used to be H town in Hackettstown. Me and my daughter used to hit that up in the winter time until it closed. Isn't there an I door place down off rt 9 ? And there is the track down that way as well behind Bikes on Nine, just north of Lakewood. Central Jersey BMX I think runs it.

Closed about a year ago, the indoor place, that is

Johnny Utah

Shovel....your backyard....go.

Anything worthwhile that lasts tends not to be beginner friendly and in the public eye. Beyond that if I Built something and someone posted it on a website or recommended it to someone who just bought new whips......well there would only be one option.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Used to be H town in Hackettstown. Me and my daughter used to hit that up in the winter time until it closed. Isn't there an I door place down off rt 9 ? And there is the track down that way as well behind Bikes on Nine, just north of Lakewood. Central Jersey BMX I think runs it.
The incline club closed earlier this year (the one in Lakewood you referenced ) RIP.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dirt jumps being a thing of the past. Quite a few in NJ and PA are still as alive and well as they were 20 years ago.
Only legit ones in nj I know of, up around Hamburg off 94 by a YMCA but there not beginner or even intermediate friendly

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for all the info all. Seems like there are some great options out there, even if I have to drive. Are these places open during the winter? Assuming weather pending?

Also - Mtb helmet ok or should I get something else? I already wear vans. ?

@walter - we have to pull this together at some point! Been too long! Same @Robin!!

Robin

Thanks for all the info all. Seems like there are some great options out there, even if I have to drive. Are these places open during the winter? Assuming weather pending?

Also - Mtb helmet ok or should I get something else? I already wear vans. ?

@walter - we have to pull this together at some point! Been too long! Same @Robin!!

Penn Skate and Wheelmill are open all year round. Ray's is only open October - April and some Sunday evenings in the summer. I think 5010 is open all year but I haven't been there.

As for the parks - if someone clears them, then they are rideable. I know at AVM in Hillsborough, someone has swept out the bowl a few times.

I've seen mtb helmets worn but I have a BMX/skate helmet that was given to me.

walter

Fourth Party
Sayreville skate park is located inside Kennedy Park, which is directly across the street from Sayreville HS. Its open from dawn til dusk 24/7.
Woodbridge is fenced in and gated, open after 2 on weekdays and all day on weekends.

Lets do it. Ps i bought a Bell helmet from Dicks.

Zaskar

How kid friendly is this place? Will a 7 year old get run over or otherwise piss off the other users? I imagine it depends on the time of day...

I'd say kid friendly. There is a pretty solid core group of BMX riders there but my I've never seen any issues. Will little kids piss off young adult males? Probably but fuck them right? This isn't a locals only, it's a town skate park.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd say kid friendly. There is a pretty solid core group of BMX riders there but my I've never seen any issues. Will little kids piss off young adult males? Probably but fuck them right? This isn't a locals only, it's a town skate park.

Cool. thx. We will check it out. Maybe this will be an excuse for me to pick up a bmx bike.

Understood that it's a public park but wasn't sure what the vibe was like. i.e. if it was like a locals-only surf lineup or more like the west milford pump track.

don

Wheelmill is a worthwhile drive even tho it is pretty far away. I brought my youngest there last winter. We got to see Groundchuck, Doyle, and Potoczny ride among many other shredders (almost worth the trip for that!). Lots of different rooms for different levels of riding.

Like people have said Sayreville, Bloomfield and PennSkate for closer options.

Top Bottom