BMX Discussion

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure where to post this so it goes here...AND searching for BMX is like trying to find a thread about Heythorp and Winter Shoes. Or the great Avatar Wars.

Anyway..

Just picked up BMX bikes for my son and I and looking for some places to hit up. I’ve done some searching but haven’t come up with much. Obviously secret spots will remain as such (DM me. I’m totally trust worthy. I own this place ??).

For reference, I’m in Morris County but willing to travel on weekends.

Thanks!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sayerville concrete bowl / park is pretty cool . Many towns have skate parks nowadays most are small and not beginner friendly. Dirt jumps in the woods seem to be a thing of the past unfortunately.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sayerville concrete bowl / park is pretty cool . Many towns have skate parks nowadays most are small and not beginner friendly. Dirt jumps in the woods seem to be a thing of the past unfortunately.

Damn.
Yeah, there’s a small park In Randolph but it’s more skate than anything else, and I’m only looking to get MOSTLY hurt, not all hurt. There’s a big difference.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I assume your joking. Regardless, trails are done until spring anyways.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Kennedy Park in Sayreville is destination-worthy. The concrete clover leaf bowl is suitable for everyone from an absolute beginner to Brian Foster (who might just be sessioning on any given day). You can spend years just carving lines there and never stop learning things that will translate to every other kind of bike you ride. Not too mention being ridiculous fun...

The place in Allentown PA is called Penn Skate: https://pennskate.com

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Hunterdon County has an actual BMX track behind the county library. I know it used to be open when there was no races a few years ago. Used to take the kids there, not sure if they still let you on it. I had one of my worst crashes on an MTB (from a cosmetic standpoint), cased a jump and face-planted into the gravel. Raked the skin of half my face and arm. That was a joy, driving the kids back home with blood pouring down my face trying to act like it was no big deal. :eek:

Linky:

https://www.usabmx.com/tracks/1894

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunterdon-County-Bmx-Association/170002263014849

walter

Fourth Party
As @ChrisG mentioned, Sayreville skate park is a great place. You can come down, hit woodbridge and Sayreville and make a day of it. Perth Amboy has a small park, but I wouldn't put it on the list of must do's

Robin

Everything is pretty much discussed here.

Pump tracks in High Bridge, Stroudsburg, and West Milford. Alexandria is the one that closed 5 or so years ago.

The BMX track in Flemington is for racing only and open specific times for practice and racing.

Skate parks that allow bikes are Sayreville and AVM in Hillsborough. There is one in Hamilton and West Windsor but that is far for you. There is one near Montclair that @muddybike visits.

Indoor there is Penn Skate in Allentown which also allows shooters and skateboard. There is 5050 on Staten Island. Wheelmill in Pitt and Ray's in Cleveland (which is only 6.5 hours from Roxbury).

There are more but figured that this might get you started.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Kennedy Park in Sayreville is destination-worthy. The concrete clover leaf bowl is suitable for everyone from an absolute beginner to Brian Foster (who might just be sessioning on any given day). You can spend years just carving lines there and never stop learning things that will translate to every other kind of bike you ride. Not too mention being ridiculous fun...

The place in Allentown PA is called Penn Skate: https://pennskate.com
Ill be one to say that Pennskate isn’t really grom friendly. Any of the municipal skateparks are good for goofing around/leaning. Would recommend that one in Hillsbourgh.

mtbiker87

Used to be H town in Hackettstown. Me and my daughter used to hit that up in the winter time until it closed. Isn't there an I door place down off rt 9 ? And there is the track down that way as well behind Bikes on Nine, just north of Lakewood. Central Jersey BMX I think runs it.

Top Bottom