Blinky light combos, what say you?

walter

Fourth Party
Looking to get a combo pack for early am rides, looking to spend sub $100 for the set, what do you guys like/have?

I'm a big fan of Dinotte lighting - I used to have Knog blinders which are pretty good and fit your budget. But if you want to splurge, this thing is 200 lumens (the Knog is 80). Dinotte Quad red - USB chargeable and will last as long as any (reasonable) ride

14099714_1579001409075875_1461423329_n.jpg

Check out Stupid Bright; 900 lumen headlight (with blinky mode) and 2 tail light combo for 50 bucks. I've had mine for almost 2 years and I love 'em.

High quality for the money.

really like my cateye rapid x2. bright AF. keep it on all the time on road rides regardless of it being morning or night. also good side visibility.

I love the Cygolites.
The Streak 450 for the front and one of the hotshots for the rear should be perfect

i'm not sure what i have, i think its a niterider?

my $0.02. i have tried the cheap crap off amazon. it doesn't last so dont buy it. i have paid that price, literally.

my light shoots light not just straight back but also out of the sides. i'm not sure if it helps make me any more visible, but i see it on the road when i look back, so it must help with something. i'm out so early that i usually only have 1 or 2 cars pass me the entire ride though, so traffic isn't my main concern... hitting a deer is honestly (almost got popped by one this weekend).

I'm a big fan of Dinotte lighting - I used to have Knog blinders which are pretty good and fit your budget. But if you want to splurge, this thing is 200 lumens (the Knog is 80). Dinotte Quad red - USB chargeable and will last as long as any (reasonable) ride

14099714_1579001409075875_1461423329_n.jpg

My beloved Dinotte quad decided to abandon ship on my ride today - RIP(ieces)

yup, lasers.

i actually got it as a gift when my old one stopped working properly (it actually started draining the battery even when off . . . to the point that i had to remove the battery between rides)

call them up and tell them what happened. My crew has had many jump off (the bracket wears out) and they have really good customer service. And the new brackets are much better.

My beloved Dinotte quad decided to abandon ship on my ride today - RIP(ieces)

Ahh that sucks! BTW still loving my Dinotte dual XML 3 headlights. 5 years later and still going strong. The original batteries don't last as long as they used to, but they can still easily handle a 1 hour pre-dawn ride. I need to look into one of their tail lights, becuase I'm getting sick of putting AAAs in my blinky.

call them up and tell them what happened. My crew has had many jump off (the bracket wears out) and they have really good customer service. And the new brackets are much better.

Are you talking about the Dinotte light?

Ahh that sucks! BTW still loving my Dinotte dual XML 3 headlights. 5 years later and still going strong. The original batteries don't last as long as they used to, but they can still easily handle a 1 hour pre-dawn ride. I need to look into one of their tail lights, becuase I'm getting sick of putting AAAs in my blinky.

Are you talking about the Dinotte light?

I was tempted to go out and drive my ride but it was 34 miles and I figured either someone saw it blinking (It was on max mode) and picked it up or someone ran it over. Pretty sure it was my fault, it's under my saddle bag and I have to push hard to feel the snap. Didn't feel it yesterday but went out anyway without checking it. Dumb!

Reactions: rlb
Back
Top Bottom