BIYF Winter 2015 Smack Down

I planned my week around you putting up 30 hours, which i don't think is out of the norm for you. Had it been a point per half and you were healthy it would have been harder for sure.

Screw your back, your head cold, HoH getting cancelled and carnies. Smell like cabbage.

Its impressive that an "off week" for you looks like a good week to most anyway.

I planned my week around you putting up 30 hours, which i don't think is out of the norm for you. Had it been a point per half and you were healthy it would have been harder for sure.

Screw your back, your head cold, HoH getting cancelled and carnies. Smell like cabbage.

Its impressive that an "off week" for you looks like a good week to most anyway.

I was aiming for 3 hours a day plus an epic during HoH. It's actually good I had an off week because it ended up being what I was assigned by my coach anyways.

I was aiming for 3 hours a day plus an epic during HoH. It's actually good I had an off week because it ended up being what I was assigned by my coach anyways.

Well had you not upped the ante by halving your points and rode an epic today it would have been interesting. I was prepped for a century today if needed to counter you going crazy, but it wasn't to be. Either way thanks for participating in #biyf even though it was biased against your ride routine for '15. And thanks for not lapping me at the fondo. Not sure if I mentioned that my goal was to not get lapped by you there. Looking forward to some rides up your way this yr.

First of all kudos to all who participated the BIYF smack down. To finish this week I decided to go to sandy hook and I saw a fellow fatbiker and tag along with him. Nice meeting you Dan! Aka juggernaut. 2hrs of beach ride and it was a blast! Then I went to henry hudson for another point. It was a slushy mess even in a gravel road. Then I donated some bike parts and met Kerry at second life bikes. Its been a pleasure! Till next time!

Sandy hook
https://www.strava.com/activities/271982550
image.jpg

henry hudson
https://www.strava.com/activities/271982495
image.jpg

1pt ride
1pt park
1pt park
1pt photo with Kerry

4pts total
image.jpg

Last edited:
Sandy you threw down this week. If there aren't two jerseys in the mix, I am donating mine to you.

This morning, I got up, said "screw the snow", and headed out for the ride I had previously planned for today. First stop was Mercer County Park, which I was conveniently passing by on my way to my intended destination. I've been past it a few times, but never stopped there before, so it was new for me. Rode around on the paved stuff for a while... lots of slush.

After that, I headed on to my parking spot for the rest of the day along the D&R Towpath at Carnegie Ave in Lawrence Township. From there, I headed north for a little bit on the D&R Canal Towpath to the LHT. I had taken the LHT from where it joins the towpath a few years ago, but didn't make it very far, since the signs just stopped at one point, and I couldn't figure out where to go to continue. It looks like that section wasn't complete at the time, since now the marking is much better, and there was new trail that I don't remember seeing last time. Still didn't go too far, but this time was due to all the slush. After putting in 45 minutes on the LHT, I returned to my vehicle for a snack, and to pack some items for the rest of the day. After sufficiently nourishing myself, I continued toward Trenton on the D&R Canal Towpath. Did I mention slush? Yeah, lots of that. I was glad when I reached the paved portion just before entering Trenton, as that was mostly clear. Followed the Towpath to its 0 mile mark, and then headed north along the D&R Feeder Canal. I had originally intended to take the Feeder Canal to Washington Crossing State Park, do some riding there, cross over to PA, and head back down to Trenton on the PA side. As I started up the Feeder Canal, it wasn't too bad. There was slush, but I was able to keep a good pace... until I started to get further north. It kept getting worse the further north I went. I finally resigned myself to the fact the Washington Crossing wasn't in the cards for today, so I turned around and headed back to Trenton. From Trenton, I crossed over the Delaware River to PA at the Calhoun Street bridge. On previous trips here, I've always ridden the section of the Delaware Canal towpath north of the Calhoun Street bridge, so I decided to use this opportunity to head south toward Bristol instead. Interestingly, the canal on the PA side seemed to have much less slush, and was actually a rather pleasant ride. The canal heading south isn't as nicely finished as the part heading north, and I didn't go too far (just enough to get the 45 minutes in), but it was still enjoyable to see this "new to me" section.

That's pretty much it... from there, I just crossed back over the Delaware River at the Calhoun Street bridge, and headed back up the D&R Canal Towpath to where I parked.

http://www.strava.com/activities/271994956
http://www.strava.com/activities/271995165

+1 ride
+1 new park (Mercer County Park)
+1 new park (LHT)
+1 new park (D&R Canal Towpath / D&R Raritan)
+1 new park (D&R Feeder Canal / D&R Delaware)
+1 new park (Delaware Canal State Park)
+1 epic 5+ hours dirt
Total: 7

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom