BIYF Winter 2015 Smack Down

SICK!! I grew mine out for about a year but my wife finally put the kabosh on it.
Yeah, I hear that a lot - either that or work/boss (which obviously wouldn't be an issue for you :)) Fortunately, neither has been an issue for me yet.
AndyJ, cutting thru Trenton is always a trip in its self. I have done it many times. I still recall my first time before the added the new section. Doing this in the summer time when it's a beautiful day is always trippy. I never stop!!!
A trip I like to do a few times each summer starts on the D&R Canal Towpath at Carnegie Road a few miles north of Trenton, and continues along the loop from Trenton, NJ / Morrisville, PA to Uhlerstown, PA / Frenchtown, NJ and back. It's certainly more pleasant in the summer :)

Congratulations to soundz and Ken for claiming the top spots. Very nicely done! And, thanks to everybody who participated. I was a little hesitant to join in at first, but I'm sure glad I did. It turned out to be a lot of fun, even after the weather took a turn for the worse. Although, I don't think I've ever gone through chains and a cassette in such a short amount of time (I try to keep things clean, but riding in these lousy conditions really took its toll.) A huge thanks to Pat for organizing the event and for scoring/judging through the whole 11 weeks!

And its a wrap.
Put it in the book.
You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.
Happy trails.
Hasta la vista baby.

Welcome to spring, and the end of another base miles soiree.

After @soundz triumphed in the season series, @KenS went on a mission to take the tournament crown.

In appreciation of the show, Hilltop Bicycles has upped their sponsorship to two jerseys, so each winner gets hooked up.
Thank you @jimvreeland for showing us that 13 hours of riding in a week is what happens when you hurt your back,
the kids get sick, and pass it on.

@Sandman98 and @AndyJ were constantly visible at the top of the leader board, and handily beat the pro. Will get you out a swag
bag. @soundz remained in the lead group for the tournament - kudos, but no doubling on the prizes, unless i find
a nice beer app to get you! @stb222 makes it look easy, and found riding time in quantities, and places that never existed before, good job
on a consistent winter, quietly taking 3rd overall. Not sure what is in your goodie bag, but i'll come up with something.

Please visit Hilltop at one of their 3 locations to show our appreciation

Thanks for the shout-outs, and notes received. Glad i could contribute something other than my regular dribble.
Pics of winners' trophies coming soon. You will all be getting participation banners on your avatars too....ok, no, made that up.
Cheers!

You will all be getting participation banners on your avatars too....ok, no, made that up.

Boooooo!

Seriously Pat, thanks for setting this up and running it. I know what a pita it is, but it sure made an absolutely miserable winter much more tolerable.

Thx for putting it together and weekly tracking Pat. Soundz great riding and maybe we will get a group ride in before BIYF 2016. Glad to see Andy and Sandy getting some swag too, they both put up great rides all year. Kudos to everyone else who took part too.

Great job to @soundz and @KenS, you took BallsinyourFace 2015, well, by the balls. You guys threw down some big weeks around the point system.

Thanks @fidodie for putting up with the madness. As always each year has it's short comings with the point system that "we" i.e. Whoever takes it up next year, can figure out

Thanks to Pat and great job to everybody. this is far the most ride Ive done on a regular basis. The challenge kept it more interesting.

Some of my stats for BIYF btw:

-1510 miles, about 1300 of them on a Mtb. This is over half of my 2014 miles.
- 164hrs 8mins moving time
- 60,472' elevation
- first century of the year down
- one mtb drivetrain roached
- more winter rain rides (my normal nemesis) than I care to remember
-15 lbs shed during BIYF and 25 since last summer

Overall I'm happy with my winter. Wolvhammers shoes and a solid wind proof layer changed my winter outlook greatly. I enjoyed every ride, even the sucky ones. I'm close to my fitness level before taking a 3 year tour on a ship and looking fed to more great rides.

Thanks to @jimvreeland and Hilltop Bicycles for sponsoring this year's famous and controversial Base In Your Face Smackdown. I am now proud owner of this awesome camo HB jersey. Took it out for its maiden voyage on the road today and must say that it performed flawlessly. Also a shoutout to @fidodie for running this year's BIYF and putting up with us.

11083679_10100521360730718_7004437746217243293_n.jpg

Thanks to @jimvreeland and Hilltop Bicycles for sponsoring this year's famous and controversial Base In Your Face Smackdown. I am now proud owner of this awesome camo HB jersey. Took it out for its maiden voyage on the road today and must say that it performed flawlessly. Also a shoutout to @fidodie for running this year's BIYF and putting up with us.

11083679_10100521360730718_7004437746217243293_n.jpg
Is ironic. Can see camo but not you.

Just a big shout out for the organzers and everybody who participated in this. I should get a prize for mostly always being mid-pack. Because of yous guys and gals, I feel my fitness levels is much higher than years past at this time of the year.

Plus the new bike and my new skills learned in Ben's clinic doesn't hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom