BIYF Winter 2015 discussion thread

Your game your rules. Up to you. I just pedal my bike.

2 road park points is not going to change anything. We would all just get +1 every week.

I think you need to tell us what the "final exam" is going to be. Does it come down to the last week or is it just the cumulative scoreboard? What you suggested to me on our ride would make the week-to-week somewhat less important and the final week the most important. But you didn't give me all your thoughts.

def like the no 'road park' in a dirt epic - so that is in.

3 points for road century is in - can other parks be claimed? - ie, i can work out a century that is road, D&L, D&R - delaware, D&R -Raritan - making it an 8 point ride.....

or do we cap (edit: not can) the ride score, as previously mentioned? which i think takes the fun out of doing something crazy...

Second road point available for a 1:30 pure road ride? only epic & hardness could be added to it?

Last edited:
def like the no 'road park' in a dirt epic - so that is in.

3 points for road century is in - can other parks be claimed? - ie, i can work out a century that is road, D&L, D&R - delaware, D&R -Raritan - making it an 8 point ride.....

or do we can the ride score, as previously mentioned? which i think takes the fun out of doing something crazy...

Second road point available for a 1:30 pure road ride? only epic & hardness could be added to it?
No road park in dirt epic ? Means what exactly ?

No road park in dirt epic ? Means what exactly ?

if claiming 5 hours+ of dirt, then one of the parks can not be 'road' - although up to 1 hour of road can be used to connect the parks, and counts towards the 5 hours+ in saddle...

This doesn't mean there can't be more road in the loop, just that only 1 hour of road counts towards it.

as an example - i decide to to RV, SMP, 6MR, CR, D&R in a day - something like jim might do - there is going to be a couple hours of road involved, but it is an 8+ hour ride - so plenty of dirt to make the 5+ - but i can not add in 'road' as one of the parks visited...

did that help - i suck at tech-pro writing.

This snow (up to 36 inches!!) is gonna blow this competition up unfortunately.

Might wanna consider adding XC skiing (and snowshoeing for that matter). IMHO, the intent of this competition would be maintained (encourage outdoor exercise). Perhaps discount non-cycling activities (eg, no more than 2 pts) to keep emphasis on cycling. Otherwise this snow may shut this thing down.

I am fine with whatever decision is made just my 2 cents

if we actually get snow - 3 inches in wharton, and 3 feet in wayway, we'll add something like any-outdoor-sport that does not have a lift involved, cause skiing the sourlands is on the table again!

I'm looking fwd to seeing what the snow does to this. Start a trainer/rollerblade/xc ski/trailrun in your face side comp maybe? :D

Why no Downhill Ski. 6-6.5hrs in the bumps and my legs feel like I just did 75 miles on the bike.;)

true - 10k vertical minimum......:D

of course climbing it, then coming down is very rewarding.....

Back
Top Bottom