BIYF 2017-2018 talk

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Depends on which part of my life decides to fall apart this year! I'm in for a solid 2 rides, including wrap-up

ride bike to get dw parts.
ride bike to get "supplies"

no min time to qualify a ride this year. so if i practice the unicycle in the driveway for 30 minutes per night....

rick81721

Lothar
no min time to qualify a ride this year. so if i practice the unicycle in the driveway for 30 minutes per night....

No min time? That's lame. If I was running this I would run it with iron fist: 59 min, 59 sec ride? No points. No strava/garmin connect? No points. Garmin/phone/whatever dies during ride and recorded time is less than 60 min? No points. Any complaints? Out!

Last edited:
Reactions: rlb

Patrick

Staff member
No min time? That's lame. If I was running this II would run it with iron fist: 59 min, 59 sec ride? No points. No strava/garmin connect? No points. Garmin/phone/whatever dies during ride and recorded time is less than 60 min? No points. Any complaints? Out!

that's why you aren't running it.

hell, i'm ready to include trainer rides - since the structure they bring gets more people working-out, which means more people at short-track displaying their new power curve.
i'd even count running - but not swimming. nfw.

Patrick

Staff member
In

Just got the 'amber light' from a sports cardiologist that my redline is 130 BPM not 100 BPM so I might be able to get a few outdoor rides in.

stay away from tunnele circle at night in the freezing rain!

other than that - this makes me smile.

thegock

hell, i'm ready to include trainer rides - since the structure they bring gets more people working-out, which means more people at short-track displaying their new power curve.

Stop posting while drinking. Trainer don't count. Running ain't MTB. MTFU

God, you would count strenuous chess next.

@rick81721 may have to run it.

Pampa

I think most "cyclists" don't want to mix up running or other activities/sports in this thing. That's OK.

If the main idea of this contest is to promote riding, and specifically build a base during the winter so we start as best as we can the next season, riding a bike on a trainer should count. Riding on a trainer is still pedaling a bike, and is usually hard riding too. If the idea of this contest is to see who's the most macho and gets outside more in the coldest/shittiest days, etc., then don't focus on the hours pedaling and structure the points to reward those things.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No min time? That's lame. If I was running this I would run it with iron fist: 59 min, 59 sec ride? No points. No strava/garmin connect? No points. Garmin/phone/whatever dies during ride and recorded time is less than 60 min? No points. Any complaints? Out!

21l0ez.jpg

Top Bottom