Bikes, Bellies and Beyond

rlb

This is a cool concept.
We have also been really into the Name Voyager on babynamewizard.com (requires flash).

Nice find, certainly helps to avoid names that are too popular (should that be a concern). It's interesting to hear what people's criteria are and how that changes from family to family.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Both grandfathers were Robert. So easy middle name. Kid came 5 weeks early, so first name panic. Wanted ethnic Italian with easy Anglo nickname. Named him after the great jet quarterback Vincenzo Testeverde.

Friends call him Chenz, he introduces himself as Vin to kids, Vincenzo to adults, cause most suffer with it. In Italy, he'd be Enzo. On a MTB he is Endo, just like the ole man. :)

Last edited:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If tradition had its way, my parents would have either named me Ceslava (not sure if I'm spelling that right) or Carmela (I would have been #5 living)... This is what happens when you're Polish and Sicilian. That, and I wind up with really dark hair and an inability to tan worth shit.

They wound up agreeing on Joy... my mom was really aiming for Melody from an Abbott and Costello movie (The Time of Their Lives)... which would have been a cool story, but my dad didn't like it.

Reactions: rlb

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
upload_2017-1-23_11-59-20.png

@MissJR thought this might resonate with you.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went through a whole baby book, and by the letter Z, I was pretty desperate... and that's why the oldest is named Zachary! ;-)

In the end it worked out because there's lots of Zacharia/Zachary 's in my mom's lineage (all the way to France). Simon was named after my grandmother Simone who had passed away. Both of their middle names are based on their paternal great-grandfathers: Peter and Austine.

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Final countdown to baby involves pretty much nothing for #3, other than agonizing over names.

Question to the group : how did you choose your kid's names?

We went with locaitonal names. Got pregnant while living in Austraila, living in an ocean front apartment - so named "Kai" - "of the sea", living in Queens,NY with #2, gave birth in Manhattan - "Madison".

FYI, we multiple top names for each child. During my 1st pregnancy I was convinced "Kai" was way too short of a name and that we would not use it... until I saw the little guy, and that short name fit the way he looked so perfectly, all the other names seemed silly.

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
After CX Worlds, the names Sanne and Marianne are on the list. I'm only half joking.
Our older guy has a girl named Sana in his kindergarten class.

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Story of How I Gave The Dog A Golden Shower
(True story from this morning, only slightly less gross than the poopbarf story)

The pup still needs a lot of exercise, so we try to take her for a quick off-leash jaunt every morning before bringing her to work. This morning #becausepregnant I stopped to pee.

The dog sees this, and comes tearing down the trail towards me. In the past she has nipped at my bare ass while peeing, so I go into defense mode, while trying to not pee on myself...

I squirm but she runs right through the flow of urine.
I'm sure she's loving herself today, smelling like my hormone-filled urine.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rehtorical Question:
So how long has the dog been into yellow discipline and is EO jelly?

Top Bottom