Bikereg

Chris(NJ)

Does anyone else feel like Bikereg is like Ticketmaster? Generally overpriced fees, inefficient website, terrible filters. Why hasn't someone done something better yet.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Except Ticketmaster charges like 1,000% more for the service. I'll gladly pay a dollar and change as a service fee as compared to the latter.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Does anyone else feel like Bikereg is like Ticketmaster? Generally overpriced fees, inefficient website, terrible filters. Why hasn't someone done something better yet.

there are competitors - like active.com. compuscore (has their own system that integrates with timing.) and some others i've used.
credit card fees are around 3% (maybe lower) - not sure what they charge on the other side (@Norm, do they also charge the promoter?)

it was $3.44 on $35 at Hippo. Doesn't seem terrible?

Their filters could def be better. 3rd party sites like racefinder.com (doesn't do bike stuff) would be better.

Chris(NJ)

there are competitors - like active.com. compuscore (has their own system that integrates with timing.) and some others i've used.
credit card fees are around 3% (maybe lower) - not sure what they charge on the other side (@Norm, do they also charge the promoter?)

it was $3.44 on $35 at Hippo. Doesn't seem terrible?

Their filters could def be better. 3rd party sites like racefinder.com (doesn't do bike stuff) would be better.

No, I know the 3.44 isn't that bad. I guess I should've phrased it as, the fees are high for what the participants are getting in return for the service.

Patrick

Staff member
two observations, assume some fixed+variable price

7.19 = 95*v + f
3.44 = 35*v + f

v = 6.35%
f = $1.25

Patrick

Staff member
or check their faq

How much is the service charge to enter online?The service charge is based on a tiered scale dependent on the registration fee or merchandise cost. [top]
Entry FeeService Fee
Tier I $0.01 To $34.99 6.50% plus $1.25
Tier II $35.00 To $99.99 6.25% plus $1.25
Tier III $100.00 To $299.99 5.75% plus $1.25
Tier IV $300.00 And up 3.00 % plus $8.75
Merchandise & Donations6.00%

xc62701

Yes bikereg can be annoying but it doesn't charge the promoter anything. The only fees incurred are for the user. It is pretty easy to navigate on the promoter side and they mail checks on schedule. I don't have any complaints.

SCOTTscale

BikeReg is easy. Active.com is not. They try to sell you tons of stuff. BikeReg does also but its just a bunch of check boxes. Very clean and simple. Their search leaves a lot to be desired though.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No. It's fine. Never had any problems finding anything.

easyasballinacup

Being a race/event promoter my two cents. Bike Reg is on the order of just ok, and while I don't think the service is over priced I do think you get what you pay for. Pay minimal fee get minimal service and quality. Cycling is such a drop in the bucket when it comes to the number of participants, the market is not large enough to support multiple registration sites/companies. Think of event timing. Now that Phoenix Timing is gone Main Sport has swooped in on the majority of the contacts for events. If these companies are good or bad I couldn't speak to that as there really isn't any measure to determine. I think most other promoters would agree in saying that we use Bike Reg, Main Sport Timing and USA Cycling because they are plug and play. Time better spent on other aspects of race promotion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom