Bike insurance?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Does anyone insure their bikes? Adter dropping some major coin the last couple of years I would like to cover my latest plastic bike. Buying a new frame not from a store gives me a great deal but I give up the manufacturers warranty. I'd like to cover against crashes and theft. TIA.

Does anyone insure their bikes? Adter dropping some major coin the last couple of years I would like to cover my latest plastic bike. Buying a new frame not from a store gives me a great deal but I give up the manufacturers warranty. I'd like to cover against crashes and theft. TIA.

Is there such a thing? Curious as well

Your homeowners covers it. Of course that is subject to your deductible also. I checked when I got my Pivot.

Just be aware of what your policy says about replacement value. . years ago I had 2 bikes stolen out of my garage and my renters insurance took a ton of money off for depreciation. my home owners now is for full replacement after deductible

Can anyone confirm the crash angle? if you wreck your bike would homeowners cover or only theft ? I'm not worried about that

https://www.bigringinsurance.com/

if i remember correctly, i think the concept guys for this are local.

If you have homeowners or renters, you can get a rider to state the value of the bike, with depreciation over the years.

Do you really want to insure for a crash? yeah, you might break a frame, but most likely the bits-n-pieces will survive.
also, what happens if they don't "total" the bike.

Theft is a different monster. if you feel 'at risk' - do your part. GPS tracking may also be a reasonable solution.

Maybe use tile?

https://www.bigringinsurance.com/

if i remember correctly, i think the concept guys for this are local.

If you have homeowners or renters, you can get a rider to state the value of the bike, with depreciation over the years.

Do you really want to insure for a crash? yeah, you might break a frame, but most likely the bits-n-pieces will survive.
also, what happens if they don't "total" the bike.

Theft is a different monster. if you feel 'at risk' - do your part. GPS tracking may also be a reasonable solution.

Maybe use tile?
My concern is that to replace my frame would be $3500 after tax. Most parts should survive but what if I snap my frame? $500 for carbon repair or $500 deductable for a new frame?

My concern is that to replace my frame would be $3500 after tax. Most parts should survive but what if I snap my frame? $500 for carbon repair or $500 deductable for a new frame?

get a quote, i'm interested - if they told you $500 for frame damage and bike theft insurance, but not when racing, then it is $1000 to replace the frame the first year - my worry is if it can be repaired, then it isn't totaled, and you will pay the deductible against the repair. so a $750 frame repair will cost you $1000.

i have no idea what the numbers are, or terms of these contracts - but they have to make $$$,

This will not work for me. My wife pays the insurance bill and if she saw what these bikes cost I would be fk big time.. I'll take the risk..

speaking of that, i need to run down to halters, and over to hilltop, then to high gear.... tis the season.

This will not work for me. My wife pays the insurance bill and if she saw what these bikes cost I would be fk big time.. I'll take the risk..

Interesting thing - when I called State Farm they said the bike was covered for theft. i asked should I send in a bill of sale or whatever? She said no not neccessary. I guess I'd have to show proof if i did submit a claim but your expenditures would remain on the DL until then!

Haha, I'm right there with you.. There are 2 prices for my bike, the price my wife think I paid, and the price I really paid. The gap between the 2 get larger and larger with each component upgrade lol.

Back
Top Bottom