Bike hitch advice

MMuller

Just barely fit, not a half inch to spare. No way mtn bike will fit. Anyone recommend anything for my small car? Ford Fiesta in the Honda Fit class. thnx

bike rack.jpg

DownhillR3

Etrailer.com for a Curt hitch.

1Upusa.com for bike rack. Setup will last longer than your vehicle. Done & Done. Good day, sir.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
My Curt hitch on my 2012 fit, we had to drill. Not a huge PITA, but would have paid $20 more for a no-drill option from another company. Just makes the install a little quicker and you don't have to worry about it not being crooked.

Pro tip: Take 15 minutes etrailer and watch the install videos for all the hitches they offer!

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Just barely fit, not a half inch to spare. No way mtn bike will fit. Anyone recommend anything for my small car? Ford Fiesta in the Honda Fit class. thnx

View attachment 55218
I have a Nissan sentra, ordered a curt hitch, holes already in the frame. I had to drill bc I didn't like the set up they had but it took me all of a half hour, and that included running to home depot for longer carriage bolts. Best decision I ever made, no more mud or scraping up the car.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Another vote for 1up. I get a kick out of all fancy racks with years of r+d from big brands, and the 1up has the simplest common sense design.

02camaro

saw you at allaire the other day, props to riding that bike in the sand, must be quite a workout.

my friend has the 1up its a nice rack, a little higher on initial investment compared to some other racks but it would likely be one of the last racks you buy. all aluminum construction so no corrosion, adaptability for fat tires/skinny tires and everything in between. the only thing i think it cant fit is a tandom. id have one but i have a camaro so i use a seasucker.

MMuller

Ah, I remember you two coming towards me at a great rate of speed on that narrow part of the trail.........
Anyway, nice to meet you. Indeed, cross bike rocks at Allaire, no matter what they say! Noticed the way you put your bike on top of car. Never saw that suction cup thing. Must've been tough to find something to put bike on top of Camaro.
See you out there again. Hopefully we'll be going in the same direction.

hotsauce

Another vote for etrailer and 1UP.

I installed a Curt hitch on a 2015 VW Golf a few weeks back in an hour and a half (including a hardware store run). No drilling required.

A lift or ramps makes it extremely easy.

Top Bottom