Bike choice for Short Track

mtbiker87

So....just for the hell of it I entered my first race. Problem is, none of my bikes are the right tool for the job. I narrowed it down to my Knolly Chilcotin, or my old Soul Cycles SS specific 26" steel hardtail. The Knolly is 1 x 11 with 30t Front and 11/46 cassette. It's 160 travel, but can lower the fork to 130mm. The HT is single speed, geared 32/18, 100mm fork. Im not looking to clean house, just finish the race and have good time.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
You answered the question in your last sentence. Ride whichever you have the most fun on and do just that. If I had to choose, the Knolly wins almost every time. The 26" HT wins only if a retro suffer fest fun ride sort of feeling hits me.

iman29

I’m hoping I don’t blow out the front shock on my circa 2009 rockhopper HT 9speed 26er since I know it needs service but I’m too focused on my road bikes to care. Oh and flat pedals with hiking boots cause I’m a MTB wanna be.

Don’t take it too serious and you’ll have fun that’s what I did 2 years ago (last year all races were snowed out.).

Top Bottom