Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Took out the CX bike for a road ride to the post office this morning.
Nice to have the big boy ring. Wasn't particularly faster on this ride but it was nice to be able to put some effort into it on the slight downhills.
Couple of things tho.... after about an hour, I was miserable. Shoulder and back started hurting and my hands went numb. I think I need a longer stem.
The damn thing will not shift down to the smallest cog. Might have a hanger issue because the limiter screw is released all the way. It had some chain rub on the granny but took care of it with side of the road adjustment.

Knee felt ok but there was some slight cramping at the left calf. As for the thumb, still a bit of discomfort but no real pain holding on to the hoods and the bar so I think I am good to go for CR tomorrow.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
not sure about the longer stem - being stretched might make you lean on your hands more, rather than supporting with your core.
make sure the bars don't run along the life-line of the hand - get it on the pads.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
not sure about the longer stem - being stretched might make you lean on your hands more, rather than supporting with your core.
make sure the bars don't run along the life-line of the hand - get it on the pads.
I'm pretty sure the previous stem was 90 and I slapped on a 80 because didn't like the original white colored stem. Even when I had the 90, my back did get tired. Thinking 100 might be the way to go. I think I have a 100 stem somewhere.

qclabrat

I'm pretty sure the previous stem was 90 and I slapped on a 80 because didn't like the original white colored stem. Even when I had the 90, my back did get tired. Thinking 100 might be the way to go. I think I have a 100 stem somewhere.
I remember it being a 54cm, don't you typically ride 56, probably needs a 100mm

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I got exactly what you need, a little bit of steel will set you straight lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20180627_204553193.jpg
    IMG_20180627_204553193.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 116
Top Bottom