Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Success!
20180208_103905.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
go buy something at harbor freight and get a free moving blanket for under there - also good over the bumper loading/unloading.
Yeah... gotta go buy a tarp or something.
I want to try to make it to the Allaire ride this Sat but there is a family thing going which I am going to try to skip... a cousin is getting married soon and first meeting of the families. My mom said she would kill me if miss it but... mom's don't kill their own son... do they?

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that should solve all your problems (at least with transporting bikes)

and you can install it in the driveway

i did the disassemble and stuff in the trunk thing for 4 years before i bought my truck, leaving the bike intact is the way to go IMO simpler and quicker

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I DIY'ed a hitch on the now dead Acura and the install was fairly straight forward.
I know I want to install one on the Highlander but not sure if I want to do that on the Elantra because on the Acura it would scrap 50% of time when going up driveways.

need a 29r and B+ test bike! :D
You know... I think it would fit. It was relatively easy to load up the Talon. Altho I did break the zip tie on the front mud guard but that was because I shoved it in the wrong way. Now I know and knowing is half the battle.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
that should solve all your problems (at least with transporting bikes)

and you can install it in the driveway

i did the disassemble and stuff in the trunk thing for 4 years before i bought my truck, leaving the bike intact is the way to go IMO simpler and quicker
Yeah... but I have a cheap rack where I need to bungie cord and strap things on the bike so that its stable. As soon as someone posts up a used rack for cheap, I am going to jump on it. For now, removing the front wheel and stuffing it in the trunk will have to do.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it works, its just a pain, my favorite is toss it in the bed of the truck and go, no rack needed with a single bike, or even a double.

on that free moving blanket from HF i think i need to find one of those to keep in the truck, i can throw it over the tailgate to transport mulitple bikes at once when we go riding as a group . . .

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I have budgeted $4k for bike/s and "stuff"
Originally, I wanted to buy a FS and a cross/gravel bike but I am not sure if I want to spend the money for 2 bikes and call it a day or just dump it all on 1 mtb and get the cross/gravel bike later when I get back the deductible. I was initially thinking 2 used bikes but now I am wondering, is the warranty worth it to get new bike/s. Honestly, I am still a bit away because they haven't done jack in regards to the rebuilding of the garage. If they are done by the end of Spring, I think I would be lucky. I thought about 17 leftover but what are the possibility that someone will have a 17 leftover in my size? I am thinking the possibilities are closer to 0 if anything. Maybe the garage thing is a blessing in disguise because if the garage is finished by end of Summer, isn't that the typical timing of MY 19 release? Then the MY 18 leftovers should be discounted? I am pretty sure I bought the 17 Trance 2 around the end of July of 17 and got a pretty good discount. MSRP was around $2800 and I bought it out the door for around $2200.

Now I am going to talk blasphemy. Since buying 2 appliances of cars.... I still have that desire of a cheap fun car that I can fix up. Something that will sit in the garage and never see the light of day. Looks like Nissan 350z's/Inifiniti G35's are around the $4k mark. I threw the idea to the wife but never got a response. Not sure if she heard me or if this was intentional. Was going to repeat myself but suddenly felt a cold chill down my spine. Perhaps it was a precursor to my sleeping outside so I think I did the wise thing and did not mention it again. I think I need to cancel my YT subscriptions to Hoovies Garage, Tavarish and stuff like that and stick to GMBN and Seth's Bike Hacks.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i have broken a couple seats, and a dropper post under warranty. i don't think i'm hard enough on a frame to break it (meaning i'm lame)
so i've used the warranty, but not major - i've had lots of clothes replaced for unwinding seams, that has been great.

still, a new bike, with the full backing of a shop is a beautiful thing.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
i have broken a couple seats, and a dropper post under warranty. i don't think i'm hard enough on a frame to break it (meaning i'm lame)
so i've used the warranty, but not major - i've had lots of clothes replaced for unwinding seams, that has been great.

still, a new bike, with the full backing of a shop is a beautiful thing.
The Talon is a 2015 and never used the warranty and for the 6 months I had the Trance, the same.
I guess the warranty is more of a sense of security. But something like Santa Cruz, would love to try out a Hightower, doesn't it come with a lifetime warranty? I guess it depends on the brand then?

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
BTW... who sells Santa Cruz?
I see Ridgewood, Cycle Craft, Pedal and Hilltop on SC website.
I thought Halters also sells SC?

Top Bottom