Book of Paul H

Trance came with 2.4 in the front and 2.25 at the rear.

I took @Bike N Gear's advice and went to 25% sag (vs 30) on the tallboy, and got relief from most of the unexpected strikes.
That was an easy fix, and didn't notice anything adverse.

Bottom bracket height doesn't change that much between wheel sizes - what is cool about the 29r is the bb height relative to the axle height. being relatively lower, it is much
easier to maintain balance, and not go OTB (plus better angle-of-attack at the wheel/rock) - I think my tallboy is too big for you to try - in case you were considering b+/29r combo in fs.. I think the AL version is a great deal as a multi-purpose, none racing machine. (although you should come to short track so we can all laugh at each other.)

patience. say it. you will be rewarded for it.

Patience.... as @fidodie said.
Wise words from a wise man and I have been trying but coupled with stress from work, not as simple and I am easily distracted and agitated. But yes... patience.
I don't think I will get what I needed? required? wanted? from the car insurance side but there is still the property side. Patience... lets wait on what the settlement comes out on the property side and perhaps, combined, I will get what I needed? required? wanted?... yes... patience.

Breathe in.... breathe out.... wax on.... wax off...
THE-KARATE-KID-3-DI-02.jpg

Insurance settlements are completed and all funds are in the bank.

I think I lost out on the car side, but on the property side, I think I did ok. God forbid anyone else goes thru what I have but if interested, you need to read your policy. On my policy/s, car insurance covers cash value which is why I lost out but on the property side, it covers replacement value. So on the property side, I got everything minus deductible. It was incredibly frustrating because my insurance company sucks! Throughout this ordeal, they never did what they said they would in terms of time. I had to call and chase them for things to get done. When I disputed the value of the car, they screwed me by taking away the rental. Also, the condo management has not been cooperative. They didn't get the police report and 2 weeks has passed when I got fed up and went to the police station to pick up the report myself. God only knows when the garage will be fixed up.

I have been actively car shopping and I'm pretty sure I want a used 328i xDrive. Will be going to look at a non CPO 2014 with 34k today. Price is pretty good and as long as the car checks out ok and the dealer doesn't throw curve balls at me, I think I am going to buy it. It still has original warranty left until Sept so it works out not having the CPO warranty. This will prolly end up being a garage queen and a weekend car so I didn't see the value of the additional cost of going CPO. I guess I can use the Highlander when I need to transport the bike and the wife can use my car to go to church and what not. I do need to get a hitch installed for the Highlander but for now, I have no issues fitting the bike inside the car with the seats folded down.

I am going to start shopping for bike accessories such as helmet, pump, and flat pedals. Flat pedals because I think the shoes and stuff are salvageable but they are locked up in the garage right now. Until the condo's insurance can do their assessment, I was told I cannot access the garage to inspect what items are salvageable and whats not. Just not sure if I want to buy a bike right now since I do not have the garage. I am thinking I should hold off until the garage is reconstructed and I have access to it. For now, I still have the Talon. Unless there is an incredible deal, I think this is the best way to go.

I took a week off so that I can get the car situation settled and to start bike stuff shopping. Should be an interesting week.

Last edited:
Been test driving and trying to negotiate on a '14 328i xDrive for the last couple of week. Its not going too well... either too many miles, dont have the options I am looking for or dealers are not willing to come down on price. Perhaps I have been low balling them too much but I am not willing to spend a boat load of money on a out of warranty BMW. So last night I started to look at alternatives and did a search on YT on fun to drive cars and TFL mentioned Hyundai Elantra Sport. Yes I know and I am sure some will laugh at me.... huge jump from a BMW to a Hyundai but not in terms of price. I started thinking, maybe I should just take the Highlander and buy the wife a new Elantra. Will prolly spend a couple of more grand on the Elantra but I think its worth the extra for a new car with a new car warranty. Threw this idea to the wife this morning and she's very receptive. Altho she loves the Highlander, she did complain that it was a gas guzzler and I would have no problems transporting the bikes in the Highlander. I sent a final offer on a used 328i on Saturday night so, if they reject, I am going to give up on the BMW completely and go full throttle on the Elantra route. Kinda sad cuz, no more fun to drive car for me and will be owning 2 appliances... :(

Last edited:
Dealer 1
Adds on stupid crap like Paint Protection and Window Etching for like $800
There is a document fee for $400 and registration fee for another $400
Wants $25000 OTD
I walk

Dealer 2
I complain about dealer 1 about the all stupid fees and he agrees that they are all BS
Couldn't agree on a price but was lower than dealer 1. The usual, as soon as I walk out they email me.
I email back and agree on $22000 OTD plus tax and we set up a time to finalize.
I go back and he draws up a contract and what's this? Document fee of $400!!
No deal and I walk out.

How the hell does a car advertised at $19999 become $24028 OTD?

I think I am getting sick of car dealers....

ever wonder why there are so many used car dealers? you'd think they could put each other out of business.......but they dont

Back
Top Bottom