Book of Paul H

Mtbdog

The fire started in small repair shop the garage was rented to a non-resident. It appears that there are 2 leases apt and garage, some people move from apt but hold on to garage and then rent out garage.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just caught up with this. Very sorry to hear about the property damage. Glad no one was hurt.
Yeah... me too
I actually got pretty sick of car shopping when looking for the wife's car. Now I gotta do this again with my car and bike/s!
Also, totally stressed out about wondering how much the insurance will cover.... o_O

qclabrat

Yeah... me too
I actually got pretty sick of car shopping when looking for the wife's car. Now I gotta do this again with my car and bike/s!
Also, totally stressed out about wondering how much the insurance will cover.... o_O

Ride the Talon, nothing better to clear your mind than a nice ride in the woods. It will get figured out in time. Don't sweat over it too much.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Ride the Talon, nothing better to clear your mind than a nice ride in the woods. It will get figured out in time. Don't sweat over it too much.
Yes... excellent advice!
Just that no helmet or shoes/pedals.... not to mention a pump.
Maybe I'll stop by a LBS sometimes tomorrow

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes... excellent advice!
Just that no helmet or shoes/pedals.... not to mention a pump.
Maybe I'll stop by a LBS sometimes tomorrow
Come ride Stephens tomorrow. I'll loan you a helmet.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Still no word from insurance... I know it has only been a week but I guess I am getting bit impatient.
I also need to start thinking about which bike to get. I guess it would be easier to just get another Trance but I am thinking I should get something else just to see
I did like most of aspects of the Trance except the pedal strikes and the thin rims.
Do I need to go to a 29'er to rid of the pedal strikes?

With no garage, I need to find solution for storing the bike. I guess I can keep it in the storage area but its not as secure and its a bit of a PIA... what to do...
Maybe I should just ride the Talon until the garage is reconstructed...

qclabrat

Still no word from insurance... I know it has only been a week but I guess I am getting bit impatient.
I also need to start thinking about which bike to get. I guess it would be easier to just get another Trance but I am thinking I should get something else just to see
I did like most of aspects of the Trance except the pedal strikes and the thin rims.

With no garage, I need to find solution for storing the bike. I guess I can keep it in the storage area but its not as secure and its a bit of a PIA... what to do...

Take this opportunity to test ride other linkages. You got some time on your hands. It will likely take a while for the garage rebuild, I'd be interested if insurance would pay for a temp garage arrangements.

Other than rock strikes, what else you want that the Trance didn't do well.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

A moondraker in size M then let me demo it.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Take this opportunity to test ride other linkages. You got some time on your hands. It will likely take a while for the garage rebuild, I'd be interested if insurance would pay for a temp garage arrangements.

Other than rock strikes, what else you want that the Trance didn't do well.
If there was one thing I didn't like on the trance.... Was the engine. It was sluggish with horrible gas mileage.

A moondraker in size M then let me demo it.
Can I afford it?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Make it fun, what's your price range and travel requirements
That's the thing that's frustrating... don't know how much I will get from insurance. In addition... not sure if I want to replace the roadie. Might put everything on the mtb. As for travel... I think I like the 150 altho I don't use it all.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
That's the thing that's frustrating... don't know how much I will get from insurance. In addition... not sure if I want to replace the roadie. Might put everything on the mtb. As for travel... I think I like the 150 altho I don't use it all.
How big are (were) the tires on the trance? I was just wondering if a little extra meat on the tires would give just enough clearance to avoid a lot of the strikes. The other thing is the shock. A couple of volume spacers would help the bike ride higher in its travel.. not wallow in the mid stroke (in bike add speak).

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
How big are (were) the tires on the trance? I was just wondering if a little extra meat on the tires would give just enough clearance to avoid a lot of the strikes. The other thing is the shock. A couple of volume spacers would help the bike ride higher in its travel.. not wallow in the mid stroke (in bike add speak).
Trance came with 2.4 in the front and 2.25 at the rear.

Top Bottom