Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Back in the garage to install the Deore rear brakes on the Talon.
Made a total mess while bleeding it but luckily, no contamination. I took off the pads and had the rotors covered. Left the hose a bit long just in case.
So I am sitting there thinking about n-1.... and about to take couple of pictures to put up a feeler. And I just can't do it. I can't let go of the Talon. I think I can let go of the Defy but not the Talon. Its a perfectly a good bike and too much emotional attachment I guess. Besides... I need a back up bike when the Trance needs maintenance. No rush for a gravel bike. I mean it took me about a year to pull the trigger on a FS bike... so I figure 2 years for the gravel bike lol

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Spent about 30 minutes with the quill stem and some sandpaper... I think I shaved off about 1/2 mm.
I figure I still have about another 3 months to get it down another 1mm. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

full
full

rick81721

Lothar
Spent about 30 minutes with the quill stem and some sandpaper... I think I shaved off about 1/2 mm.
I figure I still have about another 3 months to get it down another 1mm. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

full
full

Acid dip. Auto racers used to dip car frames to lighten them.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Or for $15, you could get a stem that is the size you need.

https://www.modernbike.com/sunlite-steel-touring-stem
I saw that
1. I don't think the fork can handle 10" steerer.
2. 70mm reach... the POSS is a bit small and with a flat bar, need a longer reach.

Was looking for a 21.15mm quill but couldn't find one at a reasonable price. I'll admit tho... didn't try all that hard. Looked up the usual suspects tho... Amazon and ebay.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The POSS front tire kinda looks like this... is the tire toast? How long do i have before I need to replace?

IyyiB.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Please tell be this isn't inflated.... cuz that's one warped looking tire.
Let me go out and get the actual picture.
But yes... it is inflated. Could over inflate cause this? I had it inflated to 100psi and I believe it's a 27×1.25 tire.

I let out some air a bit ago... just in case.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Weird.

No broken bead, no warped rim? Noting? Weird. Almost like the tube is stuck under the bead. It's not, right?
Nothing... the bead sat in correctly on both sides and I didn't see any damage to the rim. Googled this and something about a ruptured cord? Is this bad? I have no idea...

It would suck if I fall on my face on 34th street lol

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Nothing... the bead sat in correctly on both sides and I didn't see any damage to the rim. Googled this and something about a ruptured cord? Is this bad? I have no idea...

It would suck if I fall on my face on 34th street lol
Could be referring to the actual Kevlar bead (folding tires only). One of the real downsides of using tire levers.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Errr... more problems on the POSS. Had some creaking when pedaling so I thought it was the pedals. Changed the pedals today but still creaking. I think the BB bearings are shot. It sounds like metal to metal grinding. Gonna have to bring her in for maintenance this weekend.

Top Bottom