Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
This is cheating! But....
maxresdefault.jpg

2nd day on the Trance and scored 4 PR's where 3 were on downhills. I am starting to take stupid lines... not that my previous lines were all that smart but they were safer. I am also starting to get arm pump now that I am trying to drive some weight down to the front as I am taking the turns a bit faster. I am laying off the brakes a bit over the smaller rocks (HM rocks are looking slightly smaller these days) and having the FS do the work for me. Hence, I am approaching the turns at a faster speed. Good thing you guys told me not to go with skinnier tire up front because I would have regretted today. Good looks at mtbnj sages! @ridgehog , @MadisonDan & @1sh0t1b33r Pedal strikes are still an issue on the punchy technical hills. I am trying to ratchet pedal but need more practice. Not to mention, being conscience of the strikes, I am not putting the power down and trying to gingerly go over. Then I would not have enough momentum to clear the rear. This novelty with the new bike thing has to wear off sooner than later. Dropper post... granted I don't ride the real gnarly stuff at HM to warrant a dropper but eventually, I would like to. I just can't get the timing right on the dropper. Either too soon or too late. I need to be more conscience of it because I keep forgetting. Been avoiding Jack's trail but I think it's due. Anyways, I think its time for another lesson from my HM mtb mentor... contacted @liong71er and just need to coordinate a time to ride. I shouldn't have said all this... now Liong is going to take me to some crazy parts of HM and I'm gonna die. :confused:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1086083952

Still battling sinus infection and that nasty gunk is coming out of my nose.... got some on the gloves. Do you guys wash your gloves or just chuck them in the garbage?

Last edited:

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
This is cheating! But....
maxresdefault.jpg

2nd day on the Trance and scored 4 PR's where 3 were on downhills. I am starting to take stupid lines... not that my previous lines were all that smart but they were safer. I am also starting to get arm pump now that I am trying to drive some weight down to the front as I am taking the turns a bit faster. I am laying off the brakes a bit over the smaller rocks (HM rocks are looking slightly smaller these days) and having the FS do the work for me. Hence, I am approaching the turns at a faster speed. Good thing you guys told me not to go with skinnier tire up front because I would have regretted today. Good looks at mtbnj sages! @ridgehog , @MadisonDan & @1sh0t1b33r Pedal strikes are still an issue on the punchy technical hills. I am trying to ratchet pedal but need more practice. Not to mention, being conscience of the strikes, I am not putting the power down and trying to gingerly go over. Then I would not have enough momentum to clear the rear. This novelty with the new bike thing has to wear off sooner than later. Dropper post... granted I don't ride the real gnarly stuff at HM to warrant a dropper but eventually, I would like to. I just can't get the timing right on the dropper. Either too soon or too late. I need to be more conscience of it because I keep forgetting. Been avoiding Jack's trail but I think it's due. Anyways, I think its time for another lesson from my HM mtb mentor... contacted @liong71er and just need to coordinate a time to ride. I shouldn't have said all this... now Liong is going to take me to some crazy parts of HM and I'm gonna die. :confused:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1086083952

Still battling sinus infection and that nasty gunk is coming out of my nose.... got some on the gloves. Do you guys wash your gloves or just chuck them in the garbage?
Nice. Wait until you are used to the new ride and your times will continue to improve. Another thing you may want to try is installing a bash ring since you are dealing with rocky technical terrain.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Need more wisdom from the mtbnj sages.
This one is concerning the POSS. I've mentioned that it was feeling small and it's starting to bother my shoulders. So I got a longer stem... standard 1"... so I thought. But the POSS needs 21.15mm. Tried to search for a 21.15 stem but can't find one at a workable price.
What options do i have? Should i abandon the POSS and work on another commuter? I do have another frame but the drop out spacing is wider. Its a cheap mongoose mtb frame. DX series. Fit some washers/spacers in there and fudge it?

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Time to vent...
Cruising along on the greenway on my commute this morning and the weather is nice and I get a little shelter from another rider going about 17mph. I get to my intersection and I look back and see a roadie behind me. I give my left turn signal and proceed to the left side of the lane and slow down. Give one more peek behind b4 making the turn and this crazy roadie blows by me on my LEFT side in the other lane! WTF!!

rick81721

Lothar
Time to vent...
Cruising along on the greenway on my commute this morning and the weather is nice and I get a little shelter from another rider going about 17mph. I get to my intersection and I look back and see a roadie behind me. I give my left turn signal and proceed to the left side of the lane and slow down. Give one more peek behind b4 making the turn and this crazy roadie blows by me on my LEFT side in the other lane! WTF!!

Did he wave or say hi?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Errr...
The POSS felt like it needed some air. There was a bike shop near the office that I was depending on for air but looks like they moved. So bring in a mini pump today and go at it. Either the pump sucks or I suck. Some air went in but after 10min.. F this! I need to find a gas station or another lbs near by or bring in a track pump. Or... just ride it as is until it comes back home for winter. It's actually not that bad.

Top Bottom