Book of Paul H

Project 1 was the Superheavy which found a new owner. It was sad to see her go...
Project 2 was the POSS which I still consider WIP due to the bent dropouts. Will get to that... some day... hopefully... I think...
Project 3 was the PiP and it's completed but the wife has not touched it once....
Project 4 is under way...

Btw... I don't feel like a complete noob these days... so I changed the title. One day I will be alpha noob! :)

Project 1 was the Superheavy which found a new owner. It was sad to see her go...
Project 2 was the POSS which I still consider WIP due to the bent dropouts. Will get to that... some day... hopefully... I think...
Project 3 was the PiP and it's completed but the wife has not touched it once....
Project 4 is under way...

Btw... I don't feel like a complete noob these days... so I changed the title. One day I will be alpha noob! :)

You can't ascend to an Alpha until you've Mastered Beta. :rolleyes::eek::oops:o_O:cool:

you sold the superlight?
must now have a right 27.5 or a B+
Superheavy is gonzo
Met up with @jumpa for a ride at HM not too long ago and committed a cardinal sin... got on his Slash and it damaged me irreversibly. It felt so nice... damn u Miguel!
Started a fund for a FS trail bike and I'm saving pennies a week so its going to be a slow process. For now, I have my sights on the new Trance. Hopefully, I will have enough when they start discounting the 2017 models. Or... if the right frame come along, I'll snatch that.

What a noob. When u get on a bike like that u ride away.
But... but... Miguel is a heck of a lot faster than me.... but then again, I guess I could have disappeared into the woods and he would never find me... damn... still got lots to learn! lol

What a noob. When u get on a bike like that u ride away.

Got that NYC mindset lol . Dont steal bikes!

But... but... Miguel is a heck of a lot faster than me.... but then again, I guess I could have disappeared into the woods and he would never find me... damn... still got lots to learn! lol

I'll give you a good price on it next spring ;) have your pennies ready. But real talk, your always welcome to take it for an actual spin on trail when we ride brotha!

And yea..would have lost me in two turns haha. Place is a labyrinth!

I'll give you a good price on it next spring ;) have your pennies ready. But real talk, your always welcome to take it for an actual spin on trail when we ride brotha!

And yea..would have lost me in two turns haha. Place is a labyrinth!
No.... you've done enuff damage already. If I ever get on your bike again, it would be to ride to bank to pull out cash! Lol

Once you go full suspension, you never go back. Until you do. Then you'll be riding rigid singlespeed like Iggy.

when did suspensions get so damn smooth?
bikes from 10 years ago are never going to ride great even if you change every part

Project 4 went from this....
20170429_075932.jpg

to this...
20170521_171144.jpg

Yes... its still waiting for brake calipers and yes its not a Giant but I originally got the decal to use on the Talon when it comes time to strip and repaint. I think I am going to paint the Talon matte black and use the same decals when it comes time. Anyways, I decided to use it here. This bike was a pain in the a$$. First, I wanted to use the walgoose fork on this because it was newer... but the steerer tube was too short. Then found out that the rear wheel was bent to hell. I somehow ended up with 3 sets of wheels. lol Best conditioned one had a bent axle on the rear. Basically had to use 2 rear wheels to make one.

Thank you to all who contributed to this bike. I am sure my friend will thank you as well.

I ended up with Mongoose DX 3.3 from a neighbor. Its a size 22 but I can clear the top tube. I am thinking this could be a replacement for the POSS so that I don't have to deal with reshaping the rear on the POSS.
Supposedly the Mongoose has a cromoly front triangle and steel rear triangle? I test fitted a 700c wheel on this and it clears. Could be project 5....

Last edited:
Project 4 was picked up yesterday.
Just to test it out, we took it to Saddle River and he brought his kids. Wow... that was the slowest ride I've done in a while. Good news is that the bike held up. We even briefly stopped by HM prior and it didn't fall apart. lol
I took my Talon on this ride and it really didn't shift right ever since the 1x10 42t conversion and I really got annoyed since I was using all ranges of the gears at Saddle River. I always thought it was the chainline. When I woke up this morning, the ground was wet and still drizzling a bit. Figured it would be a maintenance day. Few things I noticed, the RD hanger bolt was a bit loose and the chain wrap could have been better. Adjusted those 2 things and added another 1mm chainring bolt spacer to improve the chainline. It is shifting better but still it's not perfect. Tension is a bit too tight in the bigger cogs and bit too loose in the smaller cogs. I can get away with it by holding on to the shifter a sec longer in the smaller cogs to force the shift. The funny part is, once its in gear, there is no noise. Would have thought that the chain will want to go back down but it doesn't.
The Talon also had a bit of a squeak at the brakes. One thing I noticed today was that the brake hose was pretty stiff and was not allowing free movement when the bolts were loosen. I think this was why I was not able to center the calipers the last time. Brakes are now perfect! Altho, I think the bearing on the rear wheel needs to be greased... maybe later today.... prolly not.... ha!

Last edited:
Was looking at the original wheels on the POSS.
POSS originally had a Shimano Front Freewheel System... which basically means I need a cassette removal tool for this system.
Anyone got one they can loan me? Or have idea/s on how to hack this cassette off?

Back
Top Bottom