Book of Paul H

Mr. E Man

Yeah.... I didn't have an opener before and the management is only handling the structural part... anything that was inside falls on me.
So... I can take it with me when I sell the place.
I can see where you're coming from, but If you're planning on purchasing a house I would go cheap for the time being.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good luck with that. Once it's installed it's part of the door. You gonna take all the doors with you too?

if he takes it down before he starts showing the place there wont be any evidence to the contrary unless the proper management wants to screw him.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I can see where you're coming from, but If you're planning on purchasing a house I would go cheap for the time being.
Eh... check has already been cashed

if he takes it down before he starts showing the place there wont be any evidence to the contrary unless the proper management wants to screw him.
We were also thinking about not selling the garage when the time comes. Just sell the residence and keep the garage. My current place, the bus stop is a 5 minutes walk. If we end up having to move to place where I need to drive to mass transit, I thought it might make sense to keep the garage and park there. Guess this all depends on where we move.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
We were also thinking about not selling the garage when the time comes. Just sell the residence and keep the garage. My current place, the bus stop is a 5 minutes walk. If we end up having to move to place where I need to drive to mass transit, I thought it might make sense to keep the garage and park there. Guess this all depends on where we move.

??? You own the garage separate from the townhouse? Separate titles for each? Never heard of such a thing

rick81721

Lothar
if he takes it down before he starts showing the place there wont be any evidence to the contrary

Except for holes in the garage door. I guess you could hide those too tho. In general, I was thinking if I was considering buying a property from someone who was removing/not including in the sale things like garage door openers, I'd probably move on.

Mahnken

forgot to ask if you had an option for the opener?
Looks like there is no ceiling? Those openers on the wall mount are great when you want to utilize the space on top. I'm going to eventually change mine as they fail

View attachment 82406
I put one of these in my garage when the old one broke. Best thing. Freed up a lot of space to hang stuff above the garage door. It's more quiet and faster than the old one. And I can open the garage door from anywhere in the world, lol.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
??? You own the garage separate from the townhouse? Separate titles for each? Never heard of such a thing
I live in a condo complex
From what I have heard from my neighbors, the garage units are around $20k if purchased separately. I bought mine along with the residential portion so I cant say for 100%
But I do know that not everyone owns a garage unit and the fucker that started the fire.... was renting the garage from an owner who does not live in our complex.... but I guess that does not mean he doesn't own a residential unit.

rick81721

Lothar
I live in a condo complex
From what I have heard from my neighbors, the garage units are around $20k if purchased separately. I bought mine along with the residential portion so I cant say for 100%
But I do know that not everyone owns a garage unit and the fucker that started the fire.... was renting the garage from an owner who does not live in our complex.... but I guess that does not mean he doesn't own a residential unit.

Most likely it can only be sold to another owner in the complex.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So... my wife's car battery died.
Went to Walmart and got a cheap jumper and noticed it has a built in air compressor.
Does this force air fast enough for tubeless?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So... my wife's car battery died.
Went to Walmart and got a cheap jumper and noticed it has a built in air compressor.
Does this force air fast enough for tubeless?

no

ok for a car tire in a pinch (the tire serves as a tank of sorts and you just fill it), but a real compressor with a tank is MUCH faster for all purposes.

also did walmart only have that big bulky style of jumperpack? because most of the newer ones are the size of a small paperback book (or smaller) and will hold a charge for like 9-12 months (li-ion batteries). i suggest those over the old style ones whenever possible.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
no

ok for a car tire in a pinch (the tire serves as a tank of sorts and you just fill it), but a real compressor with a tank is MUCH faster for all purposes.

also did walmart only have that big bulky style of jumperpack? because most of the newer ones are the size of a small paperback book (or smaller) and will hold a charge for like 9-12 months (li-ion batteries). i suggest those over the old style ones whenever possible.
They had the smaller ones... just took something in the middle in terms of power.

Top Bottom