Book of Paul H

That unprotected bulb should fail inspection - cfls suck when it is cold too. check out the corn cob leds in cold white.
they turn everything a nice blue color.

is the track for the garage door screwed into the post? or are they using it to block the top of the
bracket from twisting (i don't see any attachment to the block)
No... its not attached to the track. Hoping the thing will get removed after the inspection.
Nothing was there pre fire.... not sure why its needed now.

@Mtbdog
Its where I thought it would be... on top of the door frame. On the right side.
20181209_193545.jpg

20181209_193612.jpg

That unprotected bulb should fail inspection - cfls suck when it is cold too. check out the corn cob leds in cold white.
they turn everything a nice blue color.

is the track for the garage door screwed into the post? or are they using it to block the top of the
bracket from twisting (i don't see any attachment to the block)
I want a career change are you a licensed elechicken?

@Mtbdog
Its where I thought it would be... on top of the door frame. On the right side.
View attachment 82401

View attachment 82402
That looks like a 12/3 gauge nm wire spliced thru. We can do the outlets and lights but the hvac may be out! I'd like to talk to your guy there, is it John Ford if so I know him kinda,just ask a few Q's about the wire and what it's feeding and how much we can use? The second photos a bit blurry, your not.... never mind!!lol

That looks like a 12/3 gauge nm wire spliced thru. We can do the outlets and lights but the hvac may be out! I'd like to talk to your guy there, is it John Ford if so I know him kinda,just ask a few Q's about the wire and what it's feeding and how much we can use? The second photos a bit blurry, your not.... never mind!!lol
Pm'ed you

forgot to ask if you had an option for the opener?
Looks like there is no ceiling? Those openers on the wall mount are great when you want to utilize the space on top. I'm going to eventually change mine as they fail

1544411005762.png

Looks like there is no ceiling? Those openers on the wall mount are great when you want to utilize the space on top. I'm going to eventually change mine as they fail

View attachment 82406
Opener is already installed.... just not plugged in. There are few beam running at the top and that's where it's mounted. Liftmaster something.
Technology... supposedly you can open it with your smartphone. Lol

View attachment 82406

these rock, but don't they require the torsion spring system?
My garage ceiling is a bit over 10', but the doors hang just above 8 - there are extension kits for the tracks.
thinking to switch to the jackshaft opener, to clear for a small lift.

these rock, but don't they require the torsion spring system?
My garage ceiling is a bit over 10', but the doors hang just above 8 - there are extension kits for the tracks.
thinking to switch to the jackshaft opener, to clear for a small lift.
That's what my neighbor did with his new garage. He has two lifts to stack his cars on one side. They are really quiet as well. I'm doing mine to move my driving range from the basement into the garage.

That's what my neighbor did with his new garage. He has two lifts to stack his cars on one side. They are really quiet as well. I'm doing mine to move my driving range from the basement into the garage.
Belt driven vs chain

But what's point when my garage door that the management installed is a cheapo. Whatever the belt drive opener silences, the noise door make up for it.
Eh.... since its a detach garage and there is some distances from where I am, it wont bother me but I went with the belt driven one just to be considerate of my other neighbors.

Belt driven vs chain

But what's point when my garage door that the management installed is a cheapo. Whatever the belt drive opener silences, the noise door make up for it.
Eh.... since its a detach garage and there is some distances from where I am, it wont bother me but I went with the belt driven one just to be considerate of my other neighbors.

if its a detached building and noone lives above your garage then the noise is a non issue for anybody, they just arent loud enough to carry through the walls and across the dead space.

if its a detached building and noone lives above your garage then the noise is a non issue for anybody, they just arent loud enough to carry through the walls and across the dead space.
The closest building to the garage units are about 20-30yards? They prolly wont hear it with their windows closed but with their windows open, I would imagine it would be discernible. I do go in an out of the garage at all hours so was trying to be a good neighbor by going with the belt driven one but had no idea the door would be a cheapo.

The closest building to the garage units are about 20-30yards? They prolly wont hear it with their windows closed but with their windows open, I would imagine it would be discernible. I do go in an out of the garage at all hours so was trying to be a good neighbor by going with the belt driven one but had no idea the door would be a cheapo.
You think the other neighbors would give any fcks like you do??? if not, who cares

i dont think theyd hear it even with the windows open, my garge is 2-2.5 carlengths from my house and i can barely hear it from my kitchen (closest room) with the windows open.

Prolly not... eh... looking to move in the next year or two... just wondering if its worth it to take the opener with me or not

depends on how expensive it was, its not hard, but it could be time consuming to take it down and put it back up.

depends on how expensive it was, its not hard, but it could be time consuming to take it down and put it back up.
It was $500 with install
I guess it comes down to how much they would charge to take it down and install at the new place.... or as you say.... a DIY job

Wait, you have to pay ? your complex isn't installing ?
Yeah.... I didn't have an opener before and the management is only handling the structural part... anything that was inside falls on me.
So... I can take it with me when I sell the place.

Back
Top Bottom