Book of Paul H

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I was wondering if you need a 120 outlet or 240 outlet to power a compressor or such? Lighting? Small refrigerator?

he only wants a pancake compressor what are your rates I want a new panel in the garage and have been electrocuted far to many times to do it my self

Mtbdog

he only wants a pancake compressor what are your rates I want a new panel in the garage and have been electrocuted far to many times to do it my self
Do you just want to change the panel or a total upgrade in amps? What is the amps coming in now? Say 150 or 200. It'll say on the inside of panel cover. How many circuits are there now?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
don't overthink it... if you are doing illegal electrical work, just make sure it doesn't burn the place down -
the breakers will do the rest.

Mtbdog

don't overthink it... if you are doing illegal electrical work, just make sure it doesn't burn the place down -
the breakers will do the rest.
There will be zero illegal electrical work done, it will all be done by NEC codes no shortcuts. If permits are deemed necessary they will be had. I'll come by and see what you got.

Patrick

Staff member
There will be zero illegal electrical work done, it will all be done by NEC codes no shortcuts. If permits are deemed necessary they will be had. I'll come by and see what you got.

are you a licensed electrician? we always need electricians!!!

Patrick

Staff member
Not licenced 30+ years exp.

can't pull a permit on a multi dwelling w/o a license (meaning it can't be owner modified)

sounds like my experience....

make sure paul licks his fingers before testing for live wires.....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
can't pull a permit on a multi dwelling w/o a license (meaning it can't be owner modified)

sounds like my experience....

make sure paul licks his fingers before testing for live wires.....
Umm not looking for electrical work. Just a work bench. o_O

Mtbdog

The electric is for Max, the work bench is for Paul. The electrician I worked with will file a permit if need be.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@Mtbdog
I should have done this earlier.... but checked out the garage this morning and they still have not installed any electrical outlets other than 1 light and they didn't do any clean up. Also thinking that inspection prolly didn't happen either. I was going to call the office yesterday to check up on status but was just too busy. I apologize Frank... but I don't think there is any point of working in there. Very sorry!
20181208_062750.jpg

20181208_062756.jpg

What's the reason for this beam? Didn't have this b4
20181208_062905.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
That unprotected bulb should fail inspection - cfls suck when it is cold too. check out the corn cob leds in cold white.
they turn everything a nice blue color.

is the track for the garage door screwed into the post? or are they using it to block the top of the
bracket from twisting (i don't see any attachment to the block)

Mtbdog

In reference to the new beam, it may be holding the track for the garage door? It looks snug to the track. Or at the top it looks like it could be a support of some type? The light is a no go,need cover and placement is silly, on the side wall not ceiling, so close to the exit?

Patrick

Staff member
In reference to the new beam, it may be holding the track for the garage door? It looks snug to the track. Or at the top it looks like it could be a support of some type? The light is a no go,need cover and placement is silly, on the side wall not ceiling, so close to the exit?

all good, at least we were thinking along the same lines.

i think the light is near the exit because there need to be a lightswitch within a couple feet?
the pullcord serves as that. saved money on a switch. so put switch on the list of to-do!

if that post is holding the bracket in-place, after inspection, bolt it to the wall and take it down.
don't die - garage springs are nasty. research correct connectors - you might need to bolt wood to the wall,
then attach the bracket.

Top Bottom