Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Wow.... my first time at HM on the Walgoose! lol
1108140736.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Stopped taking the cortisosteroids couple of days ago. It was doing nothing for my sinus which is why it was prescribed and it really got me bloated. Talk about moon face... it was no joke. 2 days after not taking them, I feel lighter already. But.... it did wonders for my ribs and shoulder. Sides of the chest feel achy now. Maybe I did crack a rib or two when I crashed at Stephens. Contemplating if I should ask my doctor for a lower dosage. @BPaze you seem to be an expert on this drug... whats your thoughts?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Stopped taking the contortionists couple of days ago. It was doing nothing for my sinus which is why it was prescribed and it really got me bloated. Talk about moon face... it was no joke. 2 days after not taking them, I feel lighter already. But.... it did wonders for my ribs and shoulder. Sides of the chest feel achy now. Maybe I did crack a rib or two when I crashed at Stephens. Contemplating if I should ask my doctor for a lower dosage. @BPaze you seem to be an expert on this drug... whats your thoughts?

you can't just stop taking them!
call the dr - i think you need to taper off....

a lower dose wont help, if the higher dose hasn't. they may try a different one.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
you can't just stop taking them!
call the dr - i think you need to taper off....

a lower dose wont help, if the higher dose hasn't. they may try a different one.
Taper off? Really? The Dr didnt say anything about that. 1 pill, twice a day. I think it was 20mg.
Took it for a bit over a week but was prescribed for 2.

I was thinking lower dosage for my chest aches. For my sinus, this is not it.
This sinus thing is a real mystery. 100% normal in the morning. Something in the office is a strong suspect.
However, I did find that Halls, really helps.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Taper off? Really? The Dr didnt say anything about that. 1 pill, twice a day. I think it was 20mg.
Took it for a bit over a week but was prescribed for 2.

I was thinking lower dosage for my chest aches. For my sinus, this is not it.
This sinus thing is a real mystery. 100% normal in the morning. Something in the office is a strong suspect.
However, I did find that Halls, really helps.

i guess if you stopped a couple days ago, and are still able to move, you are ok.
you can cut them in half for a lower dosage. dr had me cut them, but i was on them for 8 weeks.
then another 4 to get off.

how are you on the weekends, when you don't go to work?
chat-up the people at work, and see if they are having any issues.

try a nsaid for your chest - steroids are bad mkay.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
i guess if you stopped a couple days ago, and are still able to move, you are ok.
you can cut them in half for a lower dosage. dr had me cut them, but i was on them for 8 weeks.
then another 4 to get off.

how are you on the weekends, when you don't go to work?
chat-up the people at work, and see if they are having any issues.

try a nsaid for your chest - steroids are bad mkay.
I started to really pay attention to when and where this thing kicks up in the last couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure it's the office. Just dont know what, so I can't really ask my employer for what I need. I'm fine in the weekends. I'm only jackass in the office with this problem but then again... I'm one of the older guys there.

BPaze

Stopped taking the cortisosteroids couple of days ago. It was doing nothing for my sinus which is why it was prescribed and it really got me bloated. Talk about moon face... it was no joke. 2 days after not taking them, I feel lighter already. But.... it did wonders for my ribs and shoulder. Sides of the chest feel achy now. Maybe I did crack a rib or two when I crashed at Stephens. Contemplating if I should ask my doctor for a lower dosage. @BPaze you seem to be an expert on this drug... whats your thoughts?

Don’t take them just for your ribs corticosteroids are typically a last resort and they aren’t doing anything to help your ribs heal and recover. Take ibuprofen for the ribs instead it will also help reduce inflammation and the side effects aren’t anywhere near as bad your liver will love you for it. The goal of prednisone was to reduce the inflammation to help clear the sinus infection if it didn’t help your dr will need to take another approach. It does sound like an environmental allergy at the office maybe you can work from home. As far as tapering off I usually took prednisone in a cycle starting with 6 pills and tapering down though if you have stopped for 2 days your probably fine though.

Oh btw I am no where near a medical professional so do not take my advice at all in anyway in fact I am probably the farthest thing from a medical practitioner

serviceguy

I started to really pay attention to when and where this thing kicks up in the last couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure it's the office. Just dont know what, so I can't really ask my employer for what I need. I'm fine in the weekends. I'm only jackass in the office with this problem but then again... I'm one of the older guys there.
You maybe allergic to youth..I've been since I was a teenager!

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Don’t take them just for your ribs corticosteroids are typically a last resort and they aren’t doing anything to help your ribs heal and recover. Take ibuprofen for the ribs instead it will also help reduce inflammation and the side effects aren’t anywhere near as bad your liver will love you for it. The goal of prednisone was to reduce the inflammation to help clear the sinus infection if it didn’t help your dr will need to take another approach. It does sound like an environmental allergy at the office maybe you can work from home. As far as tapering off I usually took prednisone in a cycle starting with 6 pills and tapering down though if you have stopped for 2 days your probably fine though.

Oh btw I am no where near a medical professional so do not take my advice at all in anyway in fact I am probably the farthest thing from a medical practitioner
Natural cherry juice for inflammation and garlic for fighting many types of infections. That is my unprofessional opinion. Works for me but everyone is different

Top Bottom