Book of Paul H

Mtbdog

Paul how do you like your Crux and what do you think for cx? Did you see the 49 for sale? Is it the same as yours?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Paul how do you like your Crux and what do you think for cx? Did you see the 49 for sale? Is it the same as yours?
Oh no sir... that other bike is carbon. Mine is aluminum with carbon fork but should be the same geo.
I can't really say since I have never ridden on a cx track but on Patriots Path, there were couple of sections where it was too rough.
But otherwise, its a rocket!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thank you sir, you've made up my mind with me. Mucho apprieciato!!
Frank... if you want to borrow it and get some saddle time, let me know.
It has shifting issues and I think the rear brakes need new pads but for you to get a feel for it, its good to go.

If you are thinking about buying that bike, I think 49 is going to be too small for you. I would guess you would be more comfortable on a 52 or 54.

Last edited:

Mtbdog

Size was my only worry, but the deal is crazy good! We'll talk tomorrow, gonna be epic with a gaggle of riders!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Biggest crash so far...
Nice descent at Stephens and loving it. Going pretty fast behind @Mtbdog and I was fixated to Frank's wheels and following his lines when all of a sudden I see a rather big tree branch which must have been about a feet off the ground. Not sure if i tried to jump it or just ram thru it but I think I ended up doing a flip with the bike. I smacked my chest into something. I think it was my bar but not entirely sure. Regardless, knocked the wind right out of me. Couldn't breathe for what felt like a minute or so. After about 5 minutes to gather myself, i actually didnt feel all that bad. Just couldn't take really deep breathe but was able to continue on.

Fast forward and as I got home, it was a chore to park the car. Things started to hurt. I am able to make all movements but just can't make sudden movement. Do things slow and not too bad.

Now... will I be able to make it to work tomorrow?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Biggest crash so far...
Nice descent at Stephens and loving it. Going pretty fast behind @Mtbdog and I was fixated to Frank's wheels and following his lines when all of a sudden I see a rather big tree branch which must have been about a feet off the ground. Not sure if i tried to jump it or just ram thru it but I think I ended up doing a flip with the bike. I smacked my chest into something. I think it was my bar but not entirely sure. Regardless, knocked the wind right out of me. Couldn't breathe for what felt like a minute or so. After about 5 minutes to gather myself, i actually didnt feel all that bad. Just couldn't take really deep breathe but was able to continue on.

Fast forward and as I got home, it was a chore to park the car. Things started to hurt. I am able to make all movements but just can't make sudden movement. Do things slow and not too bad.

take the day off to ride, i'll write a note !

heal up - way to go-for-it

BPaze

Biggest crash so far...

BTW that wasn’t a large branch it was a small tree was right behind you. Thought you were going to save it until you didn’t and it was bad. Could’ve been a lot worse thought it was gonna be really serious when I saw it amazed you were able to keep riding.

qclabrat

Biggest crash so far...

No, no, no
Go to work fall down and blame the wet spot by the water cooler. Take off rest of week, maybe even 2. You're going to feel worse in a day or two. If pain still high in a week, get x-rays.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
No, no, no
Go to work fall down and blame the wet spot by the water cooler. Take off rest of week, maybe even 2. You're going to feel worse in a day or two. If pain still high in a week, get x-rays.
Brilliant!

I am able to lay down on my sides and when I took a hot shower, muscles relaxed and felt a lot better.
I can even take deep breathes if done slowly.
I think its muscles and at worst, ligaments.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Biggest crash so far...

I jumped it and screamed Treeeeee, but I was ahead of everyone(maybe no one heard me) I usually stop to clean the trails, but for once called it out. Most riders will say, look ahead as many people tend to look down. Glad your OK.

rick81721

Lothar
Brilliant!

I am able to lay down on my sides and when I took a hot shower, muscles relaxed and felt a lot better.
I can even take deep breathes if done slowly.
I think its muscles and at worst, ligaments.

Sounds like a cracked rib - join the club!

PS feel better soon

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bruised ribs can hurt as much as a cracked rib

it takes a while either way usually months for it to completely stop hurting

for me going out for some easy road rides and sweating rit out after the pain eases in a few weeks helpes to loosen things up

staying stagnent doesn’t help except for the first week or so

Top Bottom