Book of Paul H

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i'd like to see you commute a couple days a week. it makes for good stories and health. puts some coin in your pocket.
BIYF is coming! you could be a winner.
I think we'll give away a bike this year. no promises. but perhaps

1534886635220.png

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I remember why you rode last, it was to save for new bike day. Make another goal for something you really want to save for. You need a dangling carrot of sorts
Oh... I forgot about that and I think you're right. Only problem is... back then my wife knew exactly how much I made. Since then, I have move to a different job she doesn't really know how much I make now. We just agreed on our finances and i snuck a few bucks to fund my bike needs. :)

Patrick

Staff member
Oh... I forgot about that and I think you're right. Only problem is... back then my wife knew exactly how much I made. Since then, I have move to a different job she doesn't really know how much I make now. We just agreed on our finances and i snuck a few bucks to fund my bike needs. :)

well you are going to have to give them extra $$ to me now, or she mysteriously finds out... :D

so you have a bike fund, and a private bike fund? or just private.
Said this before, if it is important to you, the spouse will understand.

I like that you work within a budget - i may need to post more in the retirement thread -
market is going to get lean for a bit, but worth getting in low with your horizon.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
well you are going to have to give them extra $$ to me now, or she mysteriously finds out... :D

so you have a bike fund, and a private bike fund? or just private.
Said this before, if it is important to you, the spouse will understand.

I like that you work within a budget - i may need to post more in the retirement thread -
market is going to get lean for a bit, but worth getting in low with your horizon.
It was you guys that taught me the 1/2 price to wife rule on bike! I just revised it a bit to better fit my situation. Lol

Patrick

Staff member
wait - i thought the rule was you always told the spouse the bike was worth twice what was spent, not that you spent half of what you did???

:D
i might be stretching it up there.....

qclabrat

Here's another tip, every other month throw down a few hundy on the kitchen table and tell her you sold some bike stuff. Unless she's a regimented bean counter it blurs what was spent and sold. That way you are covered when caught with a new titanium single speed which only cost you $520. Cause she's not buying it was any less....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
every other month throw down a few hundy on the kitchen table and tell her you sold some bike stuff.
Not sure how this would work since she know everything was burnt in the fire. She's going ask when I bought those sold items and how much I paid for them. Not to mention she will ask why I sold them so soon at a lost.

qclabrat

Not sure how this would work since she know everything was burnt in the fire. She's going ask when I bought those sold items and how much I paid for them. Not to mention she will ask why I sold them so soon at a lost.
damn, you have an eye for collectibles. I've told MrsQ, that my old bikes and parts are worth a small fortune. Just need to find the right buyer...
Then there's comic books, vinyl, electronics, and uranium... so many angles, got to be creative

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
damn, you have an eye for collectibles. I've told MrsQ, that my old bikes and parts are worth a small fortune. Just need to find the right buyer...
Then there's comic books, vinyl, electronics, and uranium... so many angles, got to be creative
Oh... the tangled web we weave.... lol
But at the end of the day, you are right in that there no motivation to get the commuting going. It basically comes out 7 miles and 40-50 min per day. I did lose some weight last year but gained it right back when winter hit. But i dont think it did much for fitness and endurance. I guess 25 min per ride wasn't enough and didnt want to put in an all out effort just to become a sweaty mess when there are no showers at work. Will see how this works out.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
What triggered this??
First of all, C8N, phonetically in Korean means asshole or something of that effect.
I was listening to the podcast one day and there was a comment that @Norm made about ppl using their names as their ID's on the board.
At the time I thought to myself maybe I should change my ID to my name. I mentioned this thoughts to Norm on another thread and he then changed it to the Korean Asshole. lol

rick81721

Lothar
First of all, C8N, phonetically in Korean means asshole or something of that effect.
I was listening to the podcast one day and there was a comment that @Norm made about ppl using their names as their ID's on the board.
At the time I thought to myself maybe I should change my ID to my name. I mentioned this thoughts to Norm on another thread and he then changed it to the Korean Asshole. lol

Ah ok. Never thought about the "use your own name" thing on boards. I've been using mine for over 20 years. People afraid of stalkers or something? :shrug:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Ah ok. Never thought about the "use your own name" thing on boards. I've been using mine for over 20 years. People afraid of stalkers or something? :shrug:
I think the concern is more about identity theft.... not saying that I do but I do understand because of there are tons of personal info floating on the internet more than you think.
I google myself every now and then and there is nothing on me but that's because Paul is not my legal name. Hence, I don't share the same concerns.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I leave it to you if you want to change it or not.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I leave it to you if you want to change it or not.
Altho…. it would be interesting when introducing myself at group rides... Hi, I am Paul.... The Korean Asshole on the boards lol
Nevermind… please change to PaulH

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Altho…. it would be interesting when introducing myself at group rides... Hi, I am Paul.... The Korean Asshole on the boards lol
Nevermind… please change to PaulH

I put a space in. Mentally, when I see no spaces, I try to make it 1 word. Like Paulhe.

Top Bottom