Book of Paul H

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes, it is a violation under 39:3-33. $54 fine and no points. If you relocate the plate, it would need to be illuminated at night.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'd do what Bob said, no going back after the cut.
I think thats the beauty of getting something for free. If i really need a 2 bike rack, I could always go buy one. Actually. I still have my old cheap Allen Sports rack that can handle 3 bikes.

you'll only get a ticket in a lowered VW.
don't ride around with it without a bike. i do it all the time, and haven't had a problem.
i'll take a pic
Because this particular rack is 1.25" and the hitch receiver is 2", had to install a adapter sleeve. It was bit of a pain to set it in the correct position so it would not rattle. Not wanting to take it off unless absolutely necessary. Well... at least not until I get my garage back when I can start getting bit more creative.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Yes, it is a violation under 39:3-33. $54 fine and no points. If you relocate the plate, it would need to be illuminated at night.
Thank you.

Yeah... sounds like a PIA to wire for the lights. Cutting it will no longer obscure the plate and seems like a more simple solution.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I always appreciate the good advice and opinions from this board but on this one, I am gonna have to go on my own and get this thing cut.

Any suggestions on where I can get this done? I am going to ask my condo maintenance guy but if that doesn't work, thinking any auto shops?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I always appreciate the good advice and opinions from this board but on this one, I am gonna have to go on my own and get this thing cut.

Any suggestions on where I can get this done? I am going to ask my condo maintenance guy but if that doesn't work, thinking any auto shops?

borrow sawzall, have at it?

Mr.Moto

Was thinking a cut off tool, but sawzall is probably more readily available. Afterwards, knock out the red end cap and tap it into the new cut for a finished look.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
It clears the gate and opens fine too. No tickets!
Thanks @Mtbdog
20180531_113120.jpg

20180531_113919.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think I finally know what to do with the fire/smoke damaged roadie. Thinking about buying a trainer and building this up as a trainer bike. Question is... how to clean it up and repaint. The AL frame is simple and will use a paint thinner and paint. But can I do the same to the carbon fork without doing any further damage?

Tried to clean it up but there hasn't been much progress with household cleaner products.

20180610_150524.jpg

huffster

Considering the fire/smoke damage and the idea of a household product...got any oven cleaner? I have no history with this on burnt bike parts, but I recently made an oven filled with years of burnt on crud, look sparkling with Easy Off and elbow grease. I figure its worth a try if there's already some under the kitchen sink.

rick81721

Lothar
I think I finally know what to do with the fire/smoke damaged roadie. Thinking about buying a trainer and building this up as a trainer bike. Question is... how to clean it up and repaint. The AL frame is simple and will use a paint thinner and paint. But can I do the same to the carbon fork without doing any further damage?

Tried to clean it up but there hasn't been much progress with household cleaner products.

View attachment 70339

Wifey knows you're cleaning burned up bike parts in the tub??

Top Bottom