Book of Paul H

How you feel today?
Well.... came close to running a straight mile this morning. But I think the leg pain from the impact that stopped me more so than the energy level. One thing I can say for sure is that recovery was a lot faster.

I felt pretty good on Wednesday but stuffed up a bit on Thursday. This morning, the breathing doesn't feel bad at all.

Thinking of taking the lighter hardtail to Nassau with the option of dropping if needed. However, I am a bit worried about the humidity on Sat.

Well.... came close to running a straight mile this morning. But I think the leg pain from the impact that stopped me more so than the energy level. One thing I can say for sure is that recovery was a lot faster.

Leg pain from impact? Where is the pain, running a mile shouldn't hurt!

Leg pain from impact? Where is the pain, running a mile shouldn't hurt!
In the shins. When 190lbs come crashing down on relatively thin bones... I would assume 190lbs wins?

Yeah... when I was more consistent with running, was able to run 3-4 miles, altho slow, with no real issues. But this was 2 years ago and since then, I have gained weight and prolly bones weakened as well. In my recent physical, doc told me to take vitamin E & D

I don't get shin splints and such till I work up close to 15 miles. Part of the reason I gave up training for a marathon years ago. Take your supplements and watch what you eat, it makes a difference. But mostly it's part of getting old and starting off too fast. Some can jump back right in, I tend to overheat quickly and my heart rates doesn't recover when I start doing something new. Go with a jog/walk regiment for a few weeks till you can jog the whole distance. This can take several weeks.

In the shins. When 190lbs come crashing down on relatively thin bones... I would assume 190lbs wins?

Yeah... when I was more consistent with running, was able to run 3-4 miles, altho slow, with no real issues. But this was 2 years ago and since then, I have gained weight and prolly bones weakened as well. In my recent physical, doc told me to take vitamin E & D

Try running on a softer surface - I avoid running on pavement so most of my runs are either on my treadmill or on trails.

I don't get shin splints and such till I work up close to 15 miles. Part of the reason I gave up training for a marathon years ago. Take your supplements and watch what you eat, it makes a difference. But mostly it's part of getting old and starting off too fast. Some can jump back right in, I tend to overheat quickly and my heart rates doesn't recover when I start doing something new. Go with a jog/walk regiment for a few weeks till you can jog the whole distance. This can take several weeks.

Try running on a softer surface - I avoid running on pavement so most of my runs are either on my treadmill or on trails.

Run on the high school track at Wayne hills h.s. or at Wayne valley h.s.

High shool track. Most are rubber now... I think. I swore off running about four years ago.

I actually don't want running to be part of my regular regiment. Too hard on my joints. Something to do until I can get my commuter out to the city.Something simple for me to do when I cant bike

Last edited:
I know that it's a ticket for obstructing view of the license plate but would this be somewhat reasonable? If not, thinking about cutting the top part of the rack off and making it permanently a 1 bike rack.

20180530_201353.jpg

I know that it's a ticket for obstructing view of the license plate but would this be somewhat reasonable? If not, thinking about cutting the top part of the rack off and making it permanently a 1 bike rack.

View attachment 69775

Are you going to try and salvage the other bike holder? Two is always better than one. The racks always obscure the plates, but I have not been cited for it.

Are you going to try and salvage the other bike holder? Two is always better than one. The racks always obscure the plates, but I have not been cited for it.
Agreed 2 is better than one but I doubt I would need to transport more than 1 bike too often. If I do, the other bike can go inside the car.
As for the other holder, thinking about using it as spare parts.

The rack is going to be pretty permanent and I dont want to take it off so might as well try to get it fully legal as possible.

Maybe look for a replacement plate holder for a trailer with a lite and rig it up like you might a trailer removable plug?

Maybe look for a replacement plate holder for a trailer with a lite and rig it up like you might a trailer removable plug?
Too much work lol
Leaning towards cutting it off. Besides... the holder is on the heavy side. Need to save gas lol

you'll only get a ticket in a lowered VW.
don't ride around with it without a bike. i do it all the time, and haven't had a problem.
i'll take a pic

Back
Top Bottom