Best Trails in Chattanooga, Tennessee

onetracker

Heading to Chattanooga, Tennessee and wondering if folks have an opinion on best places to ride and stay (outside of the city). Although most of the riding spots seem to be 20-60 driving distance to town. Thank in advance!!

JDurk

Was in Chattanooga in Oct '15 for a few days. Stayed downtown. Rode from the hotel to Stringer Ridge. Very small and multi-user park, directional trails that change each day with hikers and bikers always approaching each other. Hit Raccoon Mountain 1 day, downpoured about halfway around the loop. It has a bunch of trails of all technical abilities. Didn't have time or weather cooperation to get to Enterprise or 5 points. Used this website for reference.

http://www.sorbachattanooga.org/

Chris(NJ)

Chattanooga is more of a paddle boarding and rock climbing kinda town. It's cool though. I didn't ride there. Just hiked. But some good places to eat. Mellow place. Have fun riding down in TN!

JDurk

Also, if driving to and from Chattanooga, Asheville/Brevard area is not far, about 3.5hrs away. Went there on the return trip from TN.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I enjoyed Raccoon Mountain. Mix of trails, probably would be more fun if I revisited with more skills and strength than I had at the time. I didn't think the drive there was too bad.

If you go there, there's an interesting museum (free?) at the top for the power generation that's definitely worth going to.

Top Bottom