Best place to start and park

Specialized-Ed

Thinking of trying this park and would like to know where to park and start for the best ride. Also what is the challenge level and trail conditions (roots, rocks, sand, etc.) of this park

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Its actually a fun place to ride. If your traveling to get there, Id suggest finding someone to show you around.

How far are you coming from? I love 10 min from here and it is a fun place to ride in small doses (Like 4 times a year). You can put together a 10-20 loop without much overlap.

Specialized-Ed

Its actually a fun place to ride. If your traveling to get there, Id suggest finding someone to show you around.

Fun in what sense? Fast downhills? sharp twisties? Good climbs? or is it just a nice ride in the woods? Not being a smart azz here, but if it's just a ride in the woods I can do that closer to home.

Specialized-Ed

How far are you coming from? I love 10 min from here and it is a fun place to ride in small doses (Like 4 times a year). You can put together a 10-20 loop without much overlap.

I'm probably 30-40 mins away, but like I stated to Wobble if it's just a ride in the woods without much challenge I can do that closer to home. Again not being an azz.

I Ride Bikes

I think its worth it to ride there. The park is nothing crazy. Its a good park to mix things up with a different park. There is no elevation change and its rooty on the one side(dont know the trail colors). Its just fun to ride there once in a while. Youll never know unless you ride it yourself.

Specialized-Ed

I think its worth it to ride there. The park is nothing crazy. Its a good park to mix things up with a different park. There is no elevation change and its rooty on the one side(dont know the trail colors). Its just fun to ride there once in a while. Youll never know unless you ride it yourself.

Got it thanks so I'll pack a picnic basket and get the tandem out for me and the wife. :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I'm probably 30-40 mins away, but like I stated to Wobble if it's just a ride in the woods without much challenge I can do that closer to home. Again not being an azz.

not sure which direction you are coming from, but baldpate is an ok obtion for a challenge. The views from the top (highest point in mercer county, I know, not saying much) of bucks county and the river are good in the fall.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Fun in what sense? Fast downhills? sharp twisties? Good climbs? or is it just a nice ride in the woods? Not being a smart azz here, but if it's just a ride in the woods I can do that closer to home.

Mercer does not have much elevation as stated above but it does have some super tight twisties, some logovers and log rides.
the trick to get a decent workout here is to rip through it at a good pace.
I do a 14 mile loop there regularly. I think it's a fun park but it depends what you are into. ;)

Last edited:

Specialized-Ed

not sure which direction you are coming from, but baldpate is an ok obtion for a challenge. The views from the top (highest point in mercer county, I know, not saying much) of bucks county and the river are good in the fall.

New Brunswick area. I'll have to look into Baldpate I'm not tryin to be a MTB snob (cause I ain't) but if a trail is flat I can ride the DRC from NB to Trenton and it's at my back door.

Specialized-Ed

Mercer does not have much elevation as stated above but it does have some super tight twisties, some logovers and log rides. the trick to get a decent workout here is to rip through it at a good pace.
I do a 14 mile loop there regularly. I think it's a fun park but it depends what you are into. ;)

Now we're talkin. Next time I'm up for a ride and something new maybe I'll check it out. What's the best in and out for the best ride.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
New Brunswick area. I'll have to look into Baldpate I'm not tryin to be a MTB snob (cause I ain't) but if a trail is flat I can ride the DRC from NB to Trenton and it's at my back door.

It is more exciting than the DRC, but so is riding on the road.

SS_Dave

Mainly flat with a few twisty sections. The only real climb is by the dam. IMO, it depends on your skill level. If you are a beginner its a good place to learn. If you park at the West Picnic or Marina lots there is a couple good trails. I tend to go there about twice a month because its like 5 minutes from my house.

If you are looking for a little more of a challenge go to 6M. Its only like 30-40 minutes north of Mercer

Specialized-Ed

Mainly flat with a few twisty sections. The only real climb is by the dam. IMO, it depends on your skill level. If you are a beginner its a good place to learn. If you park at the West Picnic or Marina lots there is a couple good trails. I tend to go there about twice a month because its like 5 minutes from my house.

If you are looking for a little more of a challenge go to 6M. Its only like 30-40 minutes north of Mercer

Got it thanks I already do 6MR a few days a week for the same reason - It's close to where I live.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Aww c'mon Dave, No love for Mercer? :D

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions