Best Park Between Rockaway and York, PA?

avc8130

I have to go to York, PA Monday for work and I think I can squeeze some mountain bike time in the afternoon. What's the best park to check out on my way?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On the way, about 10 min off of Rt 78 on your way out there, between you and Harrisburg, closer to Harrisburg tho. Really fun park, not huge, built in concentric loop format, about 10 mile of trail...Called Swatara State Park.

http://sambabiker.com/samba/swatara-state-park/

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 7.59.43 AM.png

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Rocky Ridge is in East York and where I cut my teeth mtbing. However, they got more snow than we did in the last storm and my parents live about 2 miles from the park and got 14”, so it may be a no go.

QBP has a demo there a few years ago and the local shop guys were stoked on it.

avc8130

Rocky Ridge is in East York and where I cut my teeth mtbing. However, they got more snow than we did in the last storm and my parents live about 2 miles from the park and got 14”, so it may be a no go.

QBP has a demo there a few years ago and the local shop guys were stoked on it.

I just came across that on MTBProject and was checking out Youtube videos.

teabagger11

not totally sure but everything south of I80 got hammered last snow storm last i heard swatara was unrideable due to freeze thaw , roaring creek area got 12", so i would bet rattling creek is a nogo also, maybe you could get some info from SAMBA good luck, heading to moon lake today my least favorite place to ride but only trails open inNEPA

avc8130

I got a ride report from a buddy who hit Jacobsburg yesterday, he said there wasn't any snow to be found. Maybe I'll go there.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I got a ride report from a buddy who hit Jacobsburg yesterday, he said there wasn't any snow to be found. Maybe I'll go there.
If Jacobsburg has no snow, then Salisbury/Walking Purchase in Bethlehem or South Mountain in Emmaus shouldn't either and it's way better riding (more tech).

Top Bottom