Best new trail you've ridden lately.

Kaleidopete

Last Sunday I rode 15 miles on the Wildwood Beach, no trail. Just a VERY wide beach. No, it's not boring.
The sands go from very soft and fluffy to hard packed, depending where you ride. The ocean comes up and
makes rivers and pools to navigate. You can ride right down into the surf on all the crunchy shells just washed up.
Some of those small rivers are only inches deep, and some are two feet deep. It was fun figuring them out. I said it's
not boring because I've never done it before. I'm sure it would become boring if that was all I had though. Pretty
cool to have all this wide open spaces to ride.
TROG17_26.jpg
TROG17_34.jpg
TROG17_337.jpg

Firulay1

Mine is ancients at high mountain. It is unbelievable. 4.5 miles of singletrack bliss, a great mix of tech, tacky singletrack and great build ups. More technical than the new white at ringwood, but the same kind of uphill flow, meaning, if you have some legs, you can make the whole trail,

Let's hear what your new favorites are!!!
I will like to try it, can you give some reference to the trail, like Parking lot or something to get there

roc

I will like to try it, can you give some reference to the trail, like Parking lot or something to get there
I always park at the circle on Resevoir dr in Franklin Lakes. Follow the trailhead closest to winding hollow. Go uphill on the double track/fire road. At the fork bear left down the hill. As you start to go uphill again look for another right at a fire road, there will be a single track to the left. Follow the single track for 4.5 miles.
It's about about a 3-5 min ride to the single track.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Ju
Just download the Maprika App on your phone for High Mountain. It's so freaking accurate. The circle on Resevoir Dr is the place to park.

domo

any parking spots in wayne? by the school? or is the circle on Resevoir dr in Franklin Lakes the only/best spot to start and end?

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just got back from Oregon and I can say Bend lives up to the hype. Imagine allaire but on the side of a mountain. Also thought post canyon near hood river was really cool. Rode some trail west of Portland (wilson river trail) and while it was pretty the trail was nothing special. Also got to do the McKenzie river trail. The supposed "number one" trail in the USA. The river is really cool but the trail isn't that special in my opinion. I think I would have been happy hiking the scenic parts of the trail. The lava is technical but in an annoying "don't flat or fall" kind of way. Then the middle has tons of hikers. Then the rest is kind of boring.

@jdgang

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
any parking spots in wayne? by the school? or is the circle on Resevoir dr in Franklin Lakes the only/best spot to start and end?

You can park at the red trail lot on the WPU campus (40.952075, -74.200375), or at the end of Sanderling Rd by the water tower (40.958671, -74.203338). We used to park in the campus lot all the time, but most people feel that the Reservoir Dr circle parking makes a lot more sense now with the current flow of the park.

xc62701

How is the gravity trail in Waway? That's the next new one I have to explore. I saw it a couple weeks back and haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

Magpi

I just got back from Oregon and I can say Bend lives up to the hype. Imagine allaire but on the side of a mountain. Also thought post canyon near hood river was really cool. Rode some trail west of Portland (wilson river trail) and while it was pretty the trail was nothing special. Also got to do the McKenzie river trail. The supposed "number one" trail in the USA. The river is really cool but the trail isn't that special in my opinion. I think I would have been happy hiking the scenic parts of the trail. The lava is technical but in an annoying "don't flat or fall" kind of way. Then the middle has tons of hikers. Then the rest is kind of boring.

I was just in Oregon and I rode Sandy Ridge which is on the western side of Mt Hood and it was a blast! It was made for mountain biking and with tools at the trail head! They have technical rock gardens, fast flows and a bit of everything. I like the 3+ mile climb up to the top is a paved forest road. Lots of options to ride from the top.
Last year I did McKenzie River and I agree with you. Way too much sharp lava rock and crowds. I think it is number one for the views. Most waterfalls in the area are a pain to get and don't allow any bikes.

xc62701

How is the gravity trail in Waway? That's the next new one I have to explore. I saw it a couple weeks back and haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

I got to ride gravity today and it didn't disappoint. I rode it clockwise and see that most of the rollers are counterclockwise and it was still a blast. What cool rockwork and just nice trail! It was a bit wet and slippery today but I'll be back to hit it again sometime soon in the other direction. Word to the wise though, towards the end there is a bees best in one of the rock gardens. Good luck ;)

ktmrider

Rode the Dakota Ridge Trail and it was awesome . This weekend I am heading to Crested Butte , should be a nice time

Top Bottom