Best new trail you've ridden lately.

roc

Mine is ancients at high mountain. It is unbelievable. 4.5 miles of singletrack bliss, a great mix of tech, tacky singletrack and great build ups. More technical than the new white at ringwood, but the same kind of uphill flow, meaning, if you have some legs, you can make the whole trail,

Let's hear what your new favorites are!!!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Mine is ancients at high mountain. It is unbelievable. 4.5 miles of singletrack bliss, a great mix of tech, tacky singletrack and great build ups. More technical than the new white at ringwood, but the same kind of uphill flow, meaning, if you have some legs, you can make the whole trail,

Another nice thing about HM Ancients is that it drains very well cuz they are situated at the high point of the park. Many trails could be a swampy mess but ancients would be totally rideable.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG

I'll have to second Ancients at HM. Just started riding that park recently and still exploring new trails but Ancients is a great trail. I also can't believe it took me so long to hop on Maprika. Such a cool app.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
White at Ringwood, no wait, the orange at Wildcat, no wait, tigers blood at Mahlon, orange at Six Mile, some roller coaster style trail at Hartshorne, that trail at the top Ridge at Sourlands, any trail at Jungle....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I don't think I've ridden a trail I didn't like, given the conditions were correct. However, my experiences are limited.
They were all different... but I liked them all. I even like the colored trails at HM.... altho they do suck when wet.

So I think it would inappropriate, in my case to say what was best because depending on how I feel and my condition, HM red trail might be the best on a particular day.
I guess I am just a weirdo.

roc

I think we'd be remiss in not saluting the recent trailbuilding that's gone on at Dickerson Mine Preserve and The Nassau Trail. These are smaller venues, but the trailbuilders there have done a terrific job!
Agreed, that trail system by Marty's in Randolph is awesome. I had some work done to my bike the other day and asked if there was anywhere to ride and they pointed me in that direction. It was phenomenal.

Gnick

spending some time in williamsburg Virginia this week. ive had the pleasure of riding Freedom Park a few times. its fantastic

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I just got back from Oregon and I can say Bend lives up to the hype. Imagine allaire but on the side of a mountain. Also thought post canyon near hood river was really cool. Rode some trail west of Portland (wilson river trail) and while it was pretty the trail was nothing special. Also got to do the McKenzie river trail. The supposed "number one" trail in the USA. The river is really cool but the trail isn't that special in my opinion. I think I would have been happy hiking the scenic parts of the trail. The lava is technical but in an annoying "don't flat or fall" kind of way. Then the middle has tons of hikers. Then the rest is kind of boring.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Next month I get to ride my favorite trail system-allegrippis, and the trails up in the west beekshires. Beebe hill/ccmba is kind of in the middle of nowhere but really dedicated locals built some awesome enduro trails. A friend of mine has a house down the street and found the trails on strava heat map. Couldn't believe I stumbled into some of the best trails I've ridden on the east coast.

Top Bottom