Best Father's Day gift you've given or received?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
After 44 years I still struggle sometimes with what to get my Dad...these days it's usually a meal and time...

I think the best thing I gave him was a book about WWII Japanese prison camp in the Philippines called Los Banos that his uncle was in...and rescued from by US forces...the story was unreal, and my father served and it really touched him.

What about you...what's best you've gotten or given? Please discuss

02camaro

I got my dad a leyzne gps do-dad for his bike this year, I think he will like it. Other than NASCAR tickets I think that's pretty high up on the list of cool things, normally he gets a gift card to take the family out to dinner.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got my dad a leyzne gps do-dad for his bike this year, I think he will like it. Other than NASCAR tickets I think that's pretty high up on the list of cool things, normally he gets a gift card to take the family out to dinner.
NASCAR stuff really good idea...wait, you buy him a gift card to take you out to dinner? Brilliant lol

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I didn't have an infant, we would be taking @Delish to monster jam at the meadowlands Saturday.

One year we did the whippany railway Father's Day ride with the little ones and my dad, that was a hit.

02camaro

NASCAR stuff really good idea...wait, you buy him a gift card to take you out to dinner? Brilliant lol
brilliant indeed lol. its not the food that is the gift, its the whole family at the table and going out to eat is the special treat. since our family its pretty large its hard to get everyone together plus the cost means it happens rarely.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
brilliant indeed lol. its not the food that is the gift, its the whole family at the table and going out to eat is the special treat. since our family its pretty large its hard to get everyone together plus the cost means it happens rarely.
Totally relate to this...for real...I'm one of seven, and some out of state at this point, so any time we can get most--if not all--together, that is the real gift. Cool

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So far... "MY DAD" plaque my then 6yo made in school.

For this year... a new bike would be nice.
Will prolly say this every year...

ilnadi

I usually ask for "breakfast (not in bed), be left alone all day, dinner". The usual set of trinkets ain't bad either.
So don't discount dinner & time.

02camaro

update: dad loves the gps, but for the love of god is this lezyne macro thing hard to use compared to my garmin 800. me at 24y/o had a hard time setting it up, we will see if my dad can figure it out, hes normally on the same skill level with me as far as tech is concerned.

Top Bottom